Cafe Wednesday Dec. 14th

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how's it going today???? had some ghoulish dreams adn up now to turn the darn things off .. wednesday???? think we will do grocery shoppin gthis morning.. after sun comes up adnn ice is gone off the roads.. not much more i am going to get to today.. season 4 of the X-Files i think.. try to cool the marlboro intake also.. last dvd i bought was on friday so doing better with that for a bit now..

just going to listen to some music for a bit and enjoy the coffee.. hope is a good one for you today.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

fortunate son by credence clearwater revivial..

2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Good morning/afternoon jim,johnny,lindy,louise,jason,alex,matt,sam,krista,mr stewart and all on sf:sup:......think that about covers it lol. Hope your computers still behaving jim and keep fighting the good fight against mr.marlboro and amazon:boxer:. Nothing going on with me today,been to the shops and purchased my bread,salad,ham and rolling tobacco.Just having a coffee now and reading through posts of you good people.Be lucky and take care today with whatever your day brings x

3. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

Hello all.

Not much happening here - still no snow. I have been to shops to - well Ive bought the same things. Take care all.

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI mark adn hornbeam.. have been fighting the parkinsonlike stuff this morning.. finally able to put the cursor in right place long enuf to left click.. was a bit scared this was not ever going to happen..lol got email in to my pdoc asking about ttrying to restart the old script for the beneztropine from ages ago. did not work before but i need some help with this right now

looked thru the old stacks of burned cds i have done over the years... found one with jefferson airplanes tunes.. also don mclean and american pie adn vincent.. just had to look..LOL

john back from katie's.. about time to turn offr lady anttelbellum and pay some attention to zoomies..

5. Cowburn

Cowburn Well-Known Member

Good afternoon all. Don't have anything planned today although I do need to make a trip to the supermarket. Will wait until sometime after midnight though when It's quiet outside.

I think I'll do some online shopping tonight for a turntable to replace my old one. Had my eyes on a Technics SL1200, just need to hunt down some good Ebay auctions! There's one that ends in 7 hours that's currently at £300 with 17 bids, may try and get in on that.

I realised last night that I've only ever missed 1 Citalopram tablet so far :) The missed one was not my fault either as I ended up stuck in Manchester overnight so I feel pretty good with myself.

6. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Morning/afternoon/evening all!

Today I managed to get gas for the car, go to gym and go grocery shopping. So that makes it a productive day.
    Its raining here, but going to get up to 70, they expect thunderstorms later.

I hope things go well for everyone :hug:

7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone,

It';s 10:36am and I am awake? This is unusual. New meds turning me into a normal circadian rhythm sleeper? Weird.

I guess breakfast now and fiddle with the computer for a while until it's time to go to work this afternoon. Looks dreary outside. :apthy:

8. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

Happy Wednesday, All! :)
    Mind if I join you? Not sleeping lately and the coffee maker bit the dust before brewing coffee this morning, so I'm quite zombified today. :zombie:

Trying to will the energy to machete through a bit of clutter in my studio today. Maybe being amongst my tools will give me some inspiration to actually *create* something (but I won't hold my breath).

Wishing everyone a better day. :grouphug:

9. Cowburn

Hello :) I broke my coffee machine last night :( No big deal, it was just a cheap one but still a bit annoying. I suppose as I can use it as an excuse to get a better one ;)

10. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

Don't really have that much planned for today. Just looking after the house while my parents are gone to work. I may go for a walk on the treadmill, and lift some weights, because of the fact that I lay in bed all day and it's making me hunch over. So I look at the ground all the time.

Keeping my head straight forward is a real chore right now. It take conscious effort to keep my head straight, or I typically look at the ground now.

11. ZasuArt

Yes, this one actually lasted quite a bit longer than the others. And naturally, when our financial situation is at it's worst, things must fall apart and need repair or replacing. I suppose I should just be glad that it was the cheap coffeemaker and not something bigger and more expensive (knock wood). I know... I know... bitch..piss...moan! Keep in mind I've had no coffee today! I've tried Earl Grey tea, Green tea and Diet Coke (dug out of the back of the pantry from a party last summer) and nothing is doing the trick. Since our other car is out of commission, and there's nothing within walking distance, I'm stuck here sans coffee until Honey gets home. I'm seriously considering cracking open a bottle of Kaluha, though it would probably just knock me out. Sorry... forgive me... I'm obsessing.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Full Disclosure: While all of your company was certainly enticing, it may have been the word "Cafe" in the thread title that made me jump in! Is that wrong? :D

12. Cowburn

I was going to turn to tea, but alas, I have no tea leaves left! Instead I'm drinking Coke to get my daily dose of caffeine :tongue: I like the idea of Kaluha as a coffee subtitute :laugh: Sadly the only thing I have lying around is a bottle of absinthe and I don't think that's a good idea ;)

13. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hey Zasu, you could try making your coffee the way my great gran used to:

Put water in small pot. Bring to a low boil them shut off the heat, take the pot off the element. Pour in coffee grounds, stir. Wait 3-5 minutes. Pour contents of pot into a cup through a strainer, or a paper coffee filter would work too. There ya go.

edit---This had me curious so I did some poking around. There is even a way to do this without needing to strain out the beans. This method looks like it might produce some foul tasting swill, but all the same still drinkable coffee flavoured caffeine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_YqnZUOFQc

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Zasu and Cowburn.. sorry about your coffee pot situation. this is serious as without the daily dose things just do not seem right at all. good luck on getting a replacement both of you..

pdoc rob emailed me to start the benztropine again twice a day.. we will see how this goes for about 3 days and then take stock whether or not my system goes toxic adn whether to reorder.. this shaking and tremoring is here one minute in force and then little bit later things are kind of normal. PITA anyway..

Johnny and i are watching some of season 4 of the X-Files.. muldaur and scully are a hoot..lol

15. Cowburn

:shhh: I've never watched an episode of X-Files :shhh:

16. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cowburn x-files ended on fox network about 2002.. only way you can watch now is dvd seasons.. david decovney is the believer in the paranormal and extraterrestials and gillian anderson is scully is red headed non believer in all of his thoughts.. know it is all fiction but decovney and the show make it seem real.. worth a watch just to say you been there..LOL

17. Cowburn

I think my Dad might have the boxset, perhaps I should try and borrow it!

18. ZasuArt

OMG... just woke up with the laptop still open on my lap and both boys crying for me to wake up. This is so not like me, but I suppose I should be grateful for any sleep I can get at this point.

(( (( ((Mr. Stewart)) )) )) Thank you so much for the advice and the "cowboy coffee" link! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to look this up this morning. If I have caffiene now, I won't get a wink of sleep tonight (it's 3:20pm here). But since Honey won't be home with the car until late (tonight is the teacher's holiday party), I probably won't have time to go out and pick a new one up, so I'll be trying this out in the morning. Yay! Now I won't have to go through this again tomorrow!!! :hugtackles:

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

lol... Too funny! It's been awhile since I've had Absinthe, but as I recall, it made me even loopier than I feel right now! :hug:

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Thanks, Jim. :) Hope you're feeling better soon, Sweetie. I used to LOVE "The X Files"! I have the first few seasons on VHS, but alas, no longer have a working VCR to play them on. Have fun with Johnny! :hug:

19. ZasuArt

BTW... the "boys" are dogs. Don't want anyone to read that post and picture me passed out on the couch while one angelic toddler figures out how matches work and the other figures out that Mommy's knife collection is sharp. My mutt children are 14 and 15 years old and lack the opposable thumbs to get into that sort of trouble. :)

20. Cowburn

:laugh: What kind of dogs are they?

I'm getting ready to leave for the supermarket, wish I had a hat and some gloves though. It's 2°C but feels Like -2°C according to the weather :( Thankfully It's only a 10 minute walk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.