Cafe Wednesday January 18th

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there... how's it going today???? got some sleep.. snow not started coming down yet.. maybe a foot here if forcaster's right..hope i got everything i need.. please don't let us lose power for extended period.. everyone i know around here is just planning on staying home and trying to stay warm.. a foot is a hell of a lot.. coffee is ready.. off to couch i go..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

2. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

Hello Jim - and coffee goers

I hope your power supply stays stable Jim for the snow thats expected.

I was given a lightbulb that emits white light- kind of bright day light -supposed to help with depression. Well thats a lite pod I got now and a white lounge so theoretically it should help right.... we will see. Still want to smoke all day etc. etc.

Do take care allxxxxxxxxxx

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good day, everyone! Mmmm, coffee!

Wow, a foot of snow! It's cold here, but hardly any snow. We've had lots of rain, instead.

Hornbeam, that lightbulb sounds interesting! I hope it works. Let us know, please.

Here's to mid-January, white lights, and snow - Cheers!

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good afternoon,

hornbeam- I remember reading about that type of light source for help with my sleeping problems a while ago. Never did get around to trying it. Curious if it helps any.

Still :cold: here but forecast says it's supposed to warm up to above zero (above 30's in fahrenheit) by the weekend. That will be a whole lot better.

Groceries and doctor trip planned for later. That's all.

5. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's still cold other and it's suppose to snow again before it changes over to rain. For where I'm at - at least. Other than my day has been going great, and it's time to bring out the hot cocoa.

Luckily I don't need to go grocery shopping for a while. It's nasty outside when it snows a lot. Might get stuck in the stores parking lot haha.

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi Tmacster1.. yes it is a bit extreme in seattle today for sure.. found my hiking boots in garage adn trooped out to mailbox to pickup my mail.. that's the extent of time i am going to spend outside today.. hoping by friday the rain has come back adn melted most of the snow by then.. just about the time i am going to run out of a lot of my supplies..

7. Tmacster1

Yeah, supposedly we get more snow tonight than it might switch over to rain. I'm not to sure because it's hard to predict the weather, and it's hard to trust the weathermen now a days. But by Friday their should be rain again - lovely Seattle rain weather haha.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's colder than hell here...what an odd phrase...hell is not cold lol. Supposed to be about -30 wind chill with lots of snow, lovely.

9. Tmacster1

Got about and hour and half left till the 19th and not much has changed. Wikipedia has successfully done there blackout and is up and running again. Other than that I don't think much else has happened today other than the snow which I enjoy. College got cancelled tomorrow so I get to stay up late and watch a movie :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.