Cafe Wednesday May 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there... how's it going today???? johnny with Katie tonight and I got beatles alblums lined up for a bit now.. so far a good way to break thru the med fog and get to consciousness.... got first apt with new therapist at 11:30 this morning.. john and I cleaned up some and just going to be there.. hope this one is good for us and her.. we shall see???

johnny should be back home about 8:30am or so.. just going to try to low key the whole darn day.. little pigs and eggs and toast hopefully for dinner tonight.. back to abbey road now..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

the beatles and get back..
  2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Mornin'. Hope you find the therapist compatible Jim. Makes all the difference. Have managed a titchy bit of weeding in the garden. Now indoors recovering. Had a coffee watching the birds and the bumble bees. Have a good day everyone.
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Star and I have had our breakfast - I love my morning coffee and Star loves her kibbles! :)

Jimk, all the best with the new therapist! I hope you and she click.
    Theodora, sounds like you had a pleasant time in the garden and afterwards. :)

It's supposed to be warm here today, and it's May - so time to go birdwatching if I can motivate myself. Also will visit Dad today. Not much else going on here.

Wishing everyone a lovely day with something that makes you smile!:)
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Theo, sometime in garden is good all over.. Acy hope you can have some good time with dad today..bit of bird watching maybe really good for you..

I spent many hours earlier listening to old good music of beatles..took me back to some good memories.. Also talked a bit to good friend Lynn on seattle crisis line..had been too long..she anddebbie always a safe harbor!!!

On last cup of java and then breakfast..then to Nahawand at 711 for some smokes and doughnuts..
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Morning all! :dry:

I'm exhausted after being woken up early by my dad calling my mom to cover the bell peppers because it's cold outside. I had just barely gotten back to sleep when that happened. So it's an early morning for sure.

Got dentist at 2 today. Will see how things go there. And yes, I will take my meds, so I don't see aliens. What is it with dentists and aliens?

Anyway, Tommy Tom is snoring away, so all is right with the world. Love him dearly!

Hope you all have a wonderful day with the Beatles, the garden, and visiting dad plus birdwatching!

It sounds like an eventful day.

I need to lift weights again today.

Anyways, we are off!

-Jason and Tommy Tom
  6. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Feeling really good right now starting to feel more positive about life and the best thing is i have more energy which is amazing. I am feeling really good right now, first time in a few weeks I have felt better.
  7. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good day everyone :)

Me and the fiance have been to the estate agents today to look for houses. We have viewings for 2 houses this week. I'm really excited :) At the HIV clinic tomorrow, lets see what damage and random illness I have accrued this time. Anyone wanna take any bets :rofl: ? So far I've had vitamin d and calcium deficiency, random white cells in my blood (probably from recurrent UTI's) and folate and vitamin B12 deficient anaemia. What else can I acquire this time? Haha!
  8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

morning err.. no, it's technically afternoon now.

absolutely nothing planned for the day today. if weather permits i might go for a short bike ride this afternoon. do some reading too.
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I spent the afternoon with a friend, just catching up and having a few drinks. Both of us are blind, and at one point, we stood up (with white canes in hand) and asked the waitress where the restroom was. Her response? "It's past the blue Pepsi sign."

I guess the canes, plus the fact that we were asking directions, didn't make it obvious enough to her. :lol!:
  10. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Its my day off so I going to get my ready for brunch and then spend some quality time with the missus wink wink.
  11. Mr Stewart

I bet waitress has answered that question so many times it's practically a reflex. :D
  12. WildCherry

Good point, I hadn't even thought of that. :)
  13. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Thursday May 2nd

morning good people.. how's it going today??? I am short of sleep first shift was only 2 hours.. then back again for little bit less than an hour more so far.. busy day meeting and opening up to new therapist with johnny present.. Kristi at first seems like a keeper.. that first impressions.. talking about my last 60 yrs led to some painful times when I just could not get it out and continuing.. I stuck with it till I got it said.. I am a very stubborn old

been listening to good music on ipad for couple of hours already.. jim croce, james brown,men II boyz and etc.. been good company.. where oh where would I be without my good ear and the music???? too scary to even think about..

got to get new mega and powerball ticket this morning.. thinking zoomies and I do safeway for medium sized shopping cruise.. going to wait till noon and look on web for my old favorite Chinese restaurant the red lotus donw the hill.. if still in business will see about ordering and picking up two C dinners to go for us.. been way too long.. and will have leftovers tomorrow for when johnny with Katie..

on Tuesday got bluray new release from amazon. award nominations for silver linings. and think we will watch today... zoomies you just keep sleeping now like the real angel you are my boy..

time to fill the cup and go back to couch for a bit more. hope is a good day for you.l. tc, Jim and John

bonnie tyler and have you ever seen the rain...
  14. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Re: Cafe Thursday May 2nd

Mornin'. Glad your first impressions of therapist are promising Jim. Think I'm going back to sleep too. I'm feeling cold and want to get some breakfast and then just snuggle down again. Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
  15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning!

Broken sleep last night...but nonetheless it was sleep, so I'm pleased. Star has been fed and watered and I'm making my second cup of coffee now. Yesterday I went out birdwatching - saw only birds that are here all year, no little warblers migrating through - perhaps by the weekend they'll be around. :noidea: Also saw a very small sand snake - kind of cute, for a snake! And two squirrels. Silly me, I didn't put on sunscreen and got burned on the back of my neck. Really overdid the sun because when I saw Dad, he wanted to go for a walk - another hour in the sunshine! Eeek! Will be looking for my sunscreen today and if I don't have any, will budget for buying some.

Jimk, I'm glad to hear your first session with new therapist went ok. First sessions can be hard and it's great that you pushed on and did it! :hug: I hope you find your old favorite Chinese restaurant and have a lovely dinner tonight!
    Theodora, wishing you pleasant dreams as you head back to bed to catch some more sleep!

Have a great day everyone! I hope something nice happens for all! :grouphug:
  16. WildCherry

One of the 4-year-old twins I take care of decided she wanted to see what happened if she shook a can of soda and then opened it. I'm sure you all can guess how that experiment turned out.
  17. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

I am tired again today. Not as sore as a couple of days ago, which is good. I will go walking around the block a few times to see of I can get some exercise. Either that, or walk on the boring treadmill. *snore*

Bird watching sounds nice. Tommy Tom loves the birds, with his head moving all over the place when they are around.

Theo, I hope you are able to get some well deserved rest.

Alison, I can only imagine what happened! Kids! lol

Jim! Good luck with mega and Powerball tickets! I hope you find success at finding your chinese restaurant. Chinese food is expensive for us... but it provides lots of leftovers. I like wonton soup.
  18. shedhaddock

shedhaddock Banned Member

Work is over for the day :D
  19. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Just got back from doctor's...I seem to live new report except I think I got to the bottom of my illness...seems someone (and of course no one will ever take responsibility) Rx'd an overdose which is what I have been suffering from for 2 weeks now...I think the good Lord thinks I am a cat, because I feel like a lost an entire life this week...hope you all stay well
  20. Mr Stewart

afternoon coffee forums,

made a trip to bicycle store on my way home from work today to buy a shock pump for the suspension forks on my mountain bike. Buy pump and bring home. Unscrew the tab on the forks where the air valve should be, realize my forks are not the kind that you adjust with air pressure. Mine are the internal spring kind. Which of course means I now own a pump that I have absolutely zero use for. -____-

Will go back tomorrow, tail betwixt legs, to return it.

I blame the manufacturer of the forks for this confusion. Rockshox makes two varieties of the same name of fork, one is air and one is spring coil. They are both called exactly the same name. Grrr.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.