Cafe WEdnesday Oct. 19th

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

morning out there.. how's it going for you today???? i got some sleep and going to try for some more in little bit..son johnny sleeping peacefully atm.. after 10 hours yesterday without a smoke i went to nearby 7-11 again adn bought one pack of marlboros.. smoked two last night..just smoked one with my coffee adn going to for few days try to space 4 in a day for awhile.. hope my psyche can handle this for a bit. not chain and then back in same old position.. quit or go buy more???

need to shave, bathe and clean clothes and wash the dirty today for me and johnny... also would like to get to bank and see about getting a new debit card for my checking acct.. old one of many years is unreadable many times lately.. do not like that at all.. maybe we mall walk if everything calm at 7am this morning.. hope zoomies and i have a good , calm day ..

hope your day is a good one.. tc, Jim and John

2. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Ever suddenly just feel like you're going to have 'one of those days'? That's how I feel right now. But I'm sure I'll get through it. Haven't been to sleep yet. I'm not sure I'll be to sleep any time soon. 2:56am here but sleep doesn't sound that appealing. I wish you luck on cutting back on the smoking. As a smoker, I know how hard that can be. But it isn't impossible! I went from smoking heavily to being a light smoker. The trick is finding other things to spend your money on so that your mind tells you to "save" your cigarettes. Quitting, though, is the part I have trouble with.

It's very rainy here. Been raining since about... 10? 11? pm. I kind of hope the rain sticks around. It's been kind of hot the past few days. Not nearly as hot as Summer was, but nevertheless.

I hope your day is a good one as well.

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi SharkDogs.. hope you are able to drift off to sleep soon tonight.. my sleep pattern is a bit out there myself so can identify with your position.. too early to put on music at a level i can really get into it cause do not want to wake johnny up for at least another 4 or so hours.. at least one of us needs their sleep..LOL

the 4 or 5 a day with the marlboros seems unattainable atm.. more like 10 a day may stand a better chance these days.. 10 is a hell of a lot better than 30 or 40 i think. this crud with the quitting smoking clinic at my hmo is a bit wearisome to me.. what on a number scale of 1 to 10 is your thoughts on how you wll be successful now on staying quit.. mid morning my insane number is a 8 or so.. then when i am not talking to them when the blues start creeping in late afternoon and my answer would be a 1 or 2.. all these questions by them where they want a numercial value.. i am not a number.. i am a mood jumping , crazy little son of a gun who is ever changing and nothing that was such 5 minutes ago is not where and what i am rite now..

these people seem to be really number orientated and i ain't .. my last deal with numbers was when i stopped being the business's bookkeeper in 1990.. will not tell these ppl just what a crock all these number games are in my mind often , just caiuse i will probably need their help and support very soon.. but...LOL

seem to not be able to drift off to sleep again now..going to pay for this later today for sure.. but later is not now.. will watch general hospital from yesterday on my dvr adn maybe some more of in treatment season 3 on my ps3..

tough sometimes just to make it thru the day.. at least i ususally do..Jim

4. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I certainly hope I am, too. Having an out there sleep pattern can be a pain at times, can't it? It's now pushing five am and here I am, still awake.

I can't blame you there. Some days, four or five doesn't seem like enough for me, either. Though, some days are better than others. I can limit myself to only 3 or 4 at times. Then other days, I'll go through at least eight. But when I used to go through a pack and a half a day, I like to think that eight isn't too bad. I've never tried a quitting smoking clinic. Toyed with the idea but numbers sound pretty scary to me. I've never been a fan of them. For the scale, would 10 be least or most likely? Right now, I'm not sure how successful I'd be so I don't know I can give an accurate answer anyway! My smoking habits tend to vary day by day at times.

I'll probably pay for staying up this late, too. It seems we always do, doesn't it? I'll probably still continue finding movies to watch on Netflix, though. Maybe find a new show to get involved in...

Can be really tough at times, but the important thing sometimes is that you do. :hug:

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

feeling darn good and got stuff done already today.. quit smoking again at 8am adn pretty detirmined to not give in again for at least the next 24 hours to see if can do and what kind of shape i am in tomorrow morning??

ordered a couple of dvds i wanted on amazon.. went online and ordered the pills for johnny and me... both baths, shaves and me a shampoo finally..lol hair had a life and mind of it's own..LOL clean clothes washed dirty.. to albertsons for few food items.. then to safeway for the same..

if weather stays dry till it warms up this afternoon will see if old mower with failing wheels starts adn holds together long enuf to mow the back for final time this year..

repeat again i am feeling good now. time for donut and juice for johnny and me..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.