Calling all computer hackers...or chat experts...

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Jodi, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

got a small prob....have a friend who's network doesnt allow for them to download instant messaging software.....and they cant load java....we try to communicate through e-mail...but am wondering is thier any thing else out there to try, that would be more real-time chat??? Thanks!!

2. John6491

John6491 Well-Known Member

Whats type of network is your friend using? Ive never heard of any network not allowing downloading of instant messenger programs.

3. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

how about using google talk?

5. Lowcorn

Lowcorn Member

if u can figure out what there useing as far as a network goes i can help them DL just bout anything. itsent to hard to get round admin stuff nowadays

6. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

well....not to sure thier...thier administrator is the goverment......any ideas?? will look into google talk and ebuddy.com thanks....any more ideas??

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yikes, I am ignorant when it comes to computers. Good luck though, hun. :hug:

8. Is This It

Is This It Well-Known Member

Go to http://webmessenger.msn.com/ , click launch msn web messenger , login to hotmail or msn account, start chatting.

Let me no if you have any problems or questions.

9. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

the whole point is....this person is not allowed to acces any regular chat, msn, aol, google, none of them.....they are blocked behind thier firewall??? any sugesstions????

10. Is This It

have you tried what I said yet, it should work

11. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

yes, but your option requires a download of the service.....this person wont be able to download???

12. Is This It

you don't have to download it, it works in a browser window. Try it yourself and see

13. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

You could take down the firewall...but that isnt really a great idea I guess. :unsure:

ebuddy is a good one though. Its how I get around not being able to use MSN and AIM at school, I was gonna mention it but its been mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.