calming down

Please does anyone have any advice on how to calm down fast? breathing or counting doesnt do it for me. Neither does trying to occupy my mind with tv or reading or anything like that. Im in a position where my mouth is about to open and im trying for it not to but i cant really control the anger. i need to calm down and not react

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Please does anyone have any advice on how to calm down fast? breathing or counting doesnt do it for me. Neither does trying to occupy my mind with tv or reading or anything like that. Im in a position where my mouth is about to open and im trying for it not to but i cant really control the anger. i need to calm down and not react
When I'm wound up, I find that going for a walk/run always evens me out...Listening to calming/tranquil music, i.e., Navajo flute, can help tremendously as well...

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Get out a note pad and write down every single thought you are feeling right now, all the angriest, meanest thoughts.

Place the page of paper of the bed and beat the crap out of it.

Works every time.

Hope you feel better soon and calm, breathe, calm, breathe, you can do this. *hug

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I like Champagne's method....breathe. Breathe slowly and deeply in and out and concentrate only on that. I breathe Indian style as in India and Yoga, takes me about 30 seconds to take one breath with long slow breaths.

Riley Z.

𝖇𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊
I do the method where I tense my entire body while I'm lying in bed in what's called a "human fist" and flex as hard as I can for as long as I can, and then I let it all go. It tricks the body into thinking you fought the "threat" and that you can return to a relaxed physiological state. It helps way better than breathing for me.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Another that works for me, let your mind go blank, mine does that normally in going blank, I have a lot upstairs...no brains just an empty lot and let my brain just drift to what comes up.

Thanks everyone, I managed to calm down but didn't manage to keep my mouth shut. I listened to music, wrote stuff down. Breathed and cried.
Plus another method I can't say here nor recommend. But eventually I did calm down and fall asleep so thank you everyone.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00