Came Close

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by rickyg, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickyg

rickyg New Member

Last night i came very close to being done. nothing goes right and never has, I am here as i have nobody to talk to at all. so pathetic. one friend is all i could ever ask for. a real friend that is not judgmental or bias and listens, a 2 way street friendship. i have never had that and probably never will. my birthday recently passed and my only wish was to never wake up again.
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, welcome to the forum. Please refrain from any thoughts as we care about each other and support each other. We all gave thoughts like you but things n be worked out. YOU ARE NOT PATHETIC, BUT A HUMAN BEING WHO IS DOWN LIKE US.

We don't judge you here but so you the compassion and support you duly deserve. Have you spoken to your doctor about you feelings as they will be sympathic to your feelings?

Are you on any medication? Medication will help you but it takes about six weeks to kick in.

Have you ever attended therapy? Therapy can help overcome feelings you have.

3. rickyg

rickyg New Member

it is nothing in my head causing this, it is outside influences, and if it came to needing medication to be "happy" then i would not be myself, i am down to earth and not a person prone to depression. i had spoken to a therapist years ago who stated there is nothing wrong with me and that it is my surroundings. in a nutshell i have a job that the company is going downhill(and no, getting a new job is not as simple as wanting to, there are few opportunities here), children who believe items/money are the key to happiness(not raised that way either) a spouse who shows no caring feelings at all but expects to be treated like royalty, junk vehicle, all in all one thing makes another worse or not able to change. i also have health problems that have caused me to gain weight, and those same problems make it difficult to take any weight off. everyone always has an easy way to fix things when they are on the outside looking in. if i could solve my problems easy i would. nothing is simple. really it is pointless. there are only 2 things that could cure the ill. 1. win the lottery 2.die, yet #1 would probably cause even more headache.
  4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear you're so down.

I know life can seem frustrating but suicide is never the answer. I know you say you can't just change the outside forces, but perhaps it's worth looking into how to change how they influence you? I know you've already seen a therapist but perhaps you should try it again? Working on how we deal with things can really help sometimes.

Please be kind to yourself, you are worth it!
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am really sorry you are feeling so bad, please just know that you can get through this, safely :) Have you ever been in therapy? If you're against medication, therapy might be the way to go :)
    You can message me any time, I mean that!
  6. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Therapy can be a lot more than that, have you looked into DBT, CBT etc?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.