campion wandering

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by thesemomentsastheypass, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesemomentsastheypass

thesemomentsastheypass Well-Known Member

Hi. I've been working on a series of 'Campion' poems. Just a way of shifting things away from myself slightly for once; inventing a protagonist.

This is the only one I half-like. X

Campion wandering

Across the bridges of the city
    tracing lines, the tracks
    Along walls butting the river
    Holding hands and poses and
    selves together, braving weather
    Gwynn and Campion as lovers
    pacing the town, painting
    their shadows on litter,
    landmarks, one another

Interlocked but wandering,
    wondering what the other
    path would hold, how the
    other half may or may not
    unfold were they to
    pursue it. Leave it at a
    thought, a muse, and back
    to the ragged tracks, the
    bitter, iron lines. Quiet
    comfort and a life. But
    at least quiet comfort.

At least a life.
  2. thesemomentsastheypass

Ha ha...looks like I need to find an alternative outlet for my drivel.

Hope you're all doing ok, relatively speaking.
  3. Dearest Moments – I don’t think it’s drivel, but if you don’t mind my saying so, said from the heart, personally I’m a sucker for your NOT shifting things away from yourself. I really enjoy the way YOU look at the world and express it. Maybe you felt the need to ‘escape’ that – this piece seemed like an exercise, maybe an experiment. Again, personally, I think you’ve already got a very fine formula. At least, it works for * me *. I don’t think you need to contrive anything further – but perhaps that’s just my muddled [closed] mind. I hope you know what I mean and take no offence. I’m in a really troubling weird state right now, but thought I’d dare share my thoughts (I’m feeling very unsure of myself right now). That being said however --- I LOVE your work. YOUR voice. I don’t think ‘force’ ought to enter into it – for you’re a natural…

4. thesemomentsastheypass

Hey FAL1,

Sorry to hear you're currently in a bad place. These phonelines never will be any good at conveying the unsaid stuff, the stuff that often makes the difference: a hug or a smile or just being there. All I have are words, so I'll borrow from a reasonably good man. This too will pass.

Thanks for your comments. I don't take myself seriously enough to ever get offended. All that you said is valid, but it's worth me saying that there is of course little other than 'me' within this poem. Just didn't want it as blatent. But, afterall, the only voice I have is my own.

I will always be Campion.

5. God Love ye Man - BE BLATENT! It's the best you (and you're fabulous)!

And thank you for answering - I needed some 'connection' right about now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.