can a doctor force medication or electric shock treatment

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wastedmylife, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I saw a quack psychiatrist today cuz they are all a bunch of quacks

He tried to brainwash me with his bag of medication and he even brought up electro shock treatment

If someone looks to far gone both suicidally and from depression and perhaps has revengeful fantasies, can they force medication or electro shock treatment on you

I don't think the doctor liked me cuz I more or less told him all medication is a bunch of crap

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

In the UK yes. If you're under a section- and the requirements of being under a section is where you 'don't have insight' or something like that...

It depends where you are.

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Yup it depends where you are, here in the UK if you're detained under the Mental Health Act then you can be forced to take medication.

I dunno how it works for other countries. I'm not too sure on the whole ECT thing either, I think these days it's pretty much a last resort thing.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

So I am wondering why your mind is so closed to help? It seems that no matter what suggestion is made, you reject it. You say you want things to change and be better, but are you somehow afraid of it happening? Things can't change if you don't allow them to. I really do wish you could be happy. I do not have the answers about forced treatment beyond what the others have already mentioned. It is much better to do things voluntarily than be forced.

5. annrobert

annrobert Member

hello there,
    Although some psychiatrists may be quacks ,many of them are good doctors who try to help.They might offer medication because of their training and not because they just want to push meds.Medication has helped and continues to help many people,not all people ,but yes definately some people.It could be worth a try.Try to be open minded about it,to at least try it out for some months and find out if it helps you or not.You can always go off it if it does not work.It sounds like this psychiatrist wants to help you,maybe give him a chance.
    annrobert

6. alexander01

alexander01 Active Member

No thats against the law, this AMERICA not soudan.

7. possiblities

possiblities Member

you must not have any experience in this subject

YES be CAREFUL what you say while in the presence of these frauds posings as doctors

they CAN and WILL impose their will on you... they can have you taken away its no joke!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.