can anyone else not shake this feeling?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ASolitaryBlue, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

i dont have a whole lot of real good days, but today isn't too bad. im not currently contemplating taking a hop off the bridge, but i still can't ever ever everrrrr manage to get rid of this feeling. its like theres a giant hole in my chest, a void that, when it opens on one of the bad days, just threatens to consume me.

just wondering if anyone else has any similar feelings they can't seem to get rid of...
  2. Darc

Darc Well-Known Member

Same problem here....even if a day seems worthwhile once in a while, I also always have those feelings hover over me like an invisible shadow...I can't even really point my finger at what they are...I can relate to the void in your chest that you're describing...but I have no idea whether it's emptiness, or guilt or nostalgia or just sadness on my part...
    Well, if you say today isn't too bad, I guess the best thing is just to try and not think about this feeling too much...and enjoy your day instead.
  3. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I might be okay in a particular day, but if I just start thinking about what normally bothers me or has been bothering me lately, then I get that sinking feeling in my chest. Best advice I can give you is to take your mind off your problems. When you're not thinking about them and lost in something else you enjoy no void feeling. Its funny how just thinking about something can induce such a change in your body. Wonders of the mind I guess. Just try to stay positive cuttle. When you're having a good day, try to end it on a good note. What's the point in dwelling back and thinking about those things that bother you right? Save that for when its necessary. Hope you can fight off that feeling. Good luck.
  4. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

thanks guys for taking the time to hear me :)