Can anyone recommend a wrist support?

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I screwed up my wrist nearly 2 years ago, I forced it to lift twice what I feasibly could safely, and it did not like it, it felt stiff after and when trying to stretch it out again something snapped. It took about 9-10 months to strengthen back up enough to be able to take weight properly (maybe 80% original), but this winter its been really grumbling, it simply cant take the cold, it aches in the cold, it aches, it creaks and crunches when lifting or gripping anything, I am looking for a good soft wrist support I can just put on and leave on, but cant find anything great.

I dont want to immobilise it, just give a little support and warmth, and I dont want to use something which hooks on my thumb like standard wrist wraps (I find that uncomfortable if used for long periods). Any ideas?

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
What about asking your doctor?
Lol, you clearly don't know my experience with doctors.

In the past 10 years or so I have had exactly 1 useful encounter with doctors, despite needing them on several occasions. I also hurt my hip 6 or 7 years ago and asked a doctor, he was less than worthless, at least if I hadn't gone I wouldn't have had to walk on that bad hip to see the moron. It took about 5 years to "properly" heal and I say "properly" like that because it still feels uncomfortable if I exercise too much, but I can just ignore it now.

In my experience, unless I need access to prescription drugs or medical procedures you can do at home, its seriously not worth trying to see a doctor.

Perhaps a sports wristband? There are different lengths. thickness, material and there are bands that don't hook on the thumb. Sorry if this is not the sort of thing you're looking for.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Perhaps a sports wristband? There are different lengths. thickness, material and there are bands that don't hook on the thumb. Sorry if this is not the sort of thing you're looking for.
Im not really sure what Im looking for, Im just hoping not to have to buy multiples until I find one that does the trick, there are just so many out there.

Vanquished

Hey @Dante
As I was reading about your predicament with doctor’s I was kinda shocked as my experience has been very similar, sadly enough.

This is a picture of the brace I use on each of my wrists. I was totally surprised at how supportive it is, but it really has made a difference. I make sure to put it on every day. I got it thru one of my physical therapists. (I have 3) But maybe you could find it thru a medical supply place or something of that nature?

Best of luck. 1A5C10F3-82BA-457A-A91B-D52DE3BA6777.jpeg

Last edited:

alixer

Anger turned outward is workout fuel.
SF Supporter
I screwed up my wrist nearly 2 years ago, I forced it to lift twice what I feasibly could safely, and it did not like it, it felt stiff after and when trying to stretch it out again something snapped. It took about 9-10 months to strengthen back up enough to be able to take weight properly (maybe 80% original), but this winter its been really grumbling, it simply cant take the cold, it aches in the cold, it aches, it creaks and crunches when lifting or gripping anything, I am looking for a good soft wrist support I can just put on and leave on, but cant find anything great.

I dont want to immobilise it, just give a little support and warmth, and I dont want to use something which hooks on my thumb like standard wrist wraps (I find that uncomfortable if used for long periods). Any ideas?
Probably won’t help with this issue but this device helps increase wrist strength.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00