Can anyone relate to me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fam6236, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fam6236

fam6236 Member

I am at a point where no one is taking me seriously anymore. I have threatened suicide so many times that it is like family and friends brush it off. Everyday I think of suicide and although it is something I do not enjoy, I really have no one to turn to for help. Counselors just do not seem to work for me and although I am insured, I really cannot afford the co payments. I am lost and have no one to turn too. My wife and I just seem to be living as roomates and the only reason we are together is because we have a 14 month old daughter now. I am extremely worried and this has overtaken my life. I was a completely different person just a couple years ago, but since then a lot of things have changed in my life. Is my life spinning out of control? Am I gonna end up in a mental hospital? I am looking for support. Anyone who can relate to me, please inbox me or give me advice, I have no one to turn to anymore.
  2. Insomniac2012

Insomniac2012 Member

Hey fam, I can relate to you in some way. When I was younger, at first people were very serious when I talked about my depression. Then everyone stopped caring. after a few years of everyone practically laughing at me and telling me I was lying, I was fed up, I made up my mind that I would prove them wrong someday. It is so tough to have people tell you that you are lying about something so serious, that you know is real and true.
    What is your relationship like with your family, like parents or siblings? could you talk to them? Instead of threatening suicide, sit down and calmly explain to them that you are depressed and you feel like you are losing control and you want help.
    Now that you are in the mindset of, "I want help" and your family is taking you seriously you should go see a counselor. I don't know any solutions for not being able to afford it though :/ maybe your family will help you take care of it.
    On your marriage... I don't have much to tell you there... hopefully someone else can give you something there.
  3. Insomniac2012

Insomniac2012 Member

Sorry I forgot to add to "i made up my mind that I'd prove them wrong.":
    The date I put on that decision has passed, then I made another date that I would prove it and that one passed. I am still here even though I had it all planned out years ago.
    I have always felt like my life is spiraling out of control and I would end up in a hospital, but I try to wake up and treat each day as a new day. I try to make each individual day a good day. If you try that it doesn't matter id you have bad days or good days, they won't string together. Even if you have 100 bad days in a row, if you tried on each day to make that day good regardless of yesterday or tomorrow you won't spiral out of control.

I hope I helped in some way!
  4. venus

venus Member

In the UK insurance companies don't pay out on death by suicide .... I don't think, I'm sure I read that somewhere
    Not sure how it works in the US
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Venus- in the USA you have to have medical insurance before you can be seen and treated by a doctor.
  6. venus

venus Member

Not sure that is exactly true

In the US if there is a threat to life the EMTA requires medics to treat until that threat is removed
    Non life threatening is chargable if there is no insurance
    and, I believe there may also be some rules surrounding insurance and the medical center not being able to treat or if the insurance policy does not cover such types of care

There are also some welfare coverage available and if payment are not covered it's written off

When I originally read Fam's post I thought he was talknig about payment on his passing, I realise now that Fam may have been talking bout the Counsellor fees

FAM - I do hope you are OK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.