Can anyone relate to this?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 5150incalif, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5150incalif

5150incalif Member

To be honest, I don't know what I'm looking for online. I'm certain that lots hurting people are finding something to help them, but for me, I haven't been lucky. It must just be me. I feel trapped and it seems like everything I do is taken the wrong way. I stopped talking about suicide. My doctor seems to be carefully listening to my words. I just feel trapped. If I say anything about suicide it turns into talk about hospital admittance. I can not go back into the hospital. Can anyone relate to this?

2. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

5150- nice to meet you. i'm jcat
    yah i can relate. i've been dealing with it for years. the shrinks and all that. one piece of advice, be careful what and how you talk to doctors. if you want talk i'm always here. you can pm or im me if you want.
    i'm not always in the best frame of mind, but i'm here if you want to talk.

3. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I can completely relate. I mentioned suicide to my therapist and now him and the doctor are always on my ass about admitting myself into the hospital. Like you I can't seem to find any peace and feel that everything I do is wrong.

4. KyleKW

KyleKW Well-Known Member

"If I say anything about suicide it turns into talk about hospital admittance."

Hell yes, I understand and can relate to this. Am terrified that I mention it any more direct to someone that I'll end up in a padded cell with a diet of anti-reality pills. Have probably said that many times before. It's like there's no middle ground between them (whoever) not do enough or going WAY overboard with care.

I've never been in the hospital for anything, other than after a car accident. If I went in for my thoughts or 'plans' than I'd surely walk in front of a bus within seconds of leaving the place.

Maybe some people need the hospital, others meds, and some of us might just need a shoulder to lean on, and ear to bend, or (in my case) someone to just take my hand.

If your Dr doesn't feel supportive to you, then switch. Seriously, this is the person who holds your well-being (life even), it's too important. You should be able to tell you Dr your issues and what you need/want without them going off in a completely different way.

Although I find comfort in other's situations here, my heart also goes out to them all... wish us all the best.

5. Freddy

Freddy Guest

I hope things work out with you. :sad:

6. bipolarbiped

bipolarbiped Active Member

I can most certainly relate to what you have said. it is unfortunate that we cannot even make mention of the 'S' word without the threat of being locked up and put in isolation. It would be nice if the docs would just ask why the feelings have come up and see if there is a way to work through it. Because of the reactions experienced alot of people are unwilling to admit to such thoughts. That is when the feelings and desire to end one's life becomes overwhelming.... simply because of alienation by the medical community.

But that is just my opinion.

7. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I see it this way...if you told the cops that someone was threatening to kill you, then hopefully they would take action, or at least ask the necessary questions. Therapists treat it the same way, as if someone (you) was threatening your life...They are trying to protect you, but I don't think they understand the psychological implications it may have on the patient to be threatened with lock-up. It's like confessing to a crime in a way. They do their best (as they see it) but in reality it puts some people off from ever asking for help. What's the solution?

8. Lucille

Lucille Member

I can completely relate, I'm too scared to properly open up to my doctor because I don't want to be admitted back into rehab again. But when I do try and be open, I still don't know what to say, and the fact that there is no direct trigger for my depression makes me feel more helpless and trapped inside myself.

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I can also relate to you. This last thing I want to do is be admitted, but I may be unable to avoid it in the longrun. My T and pdoc talk to me every session about admittance and how it would be the best for me etc. Somehow that is of little comfort to me. I do hope you are able to receive the help you need to stay safe and feel better about things. It is hard work I know, but keep at it. If you don't feel you are being listened to as you should be, change the people you see. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.