Can anyone relate with me on this?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HomerSimpson, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

I am trying with everything I got to hold on, but I continue to ask myself why. I started running, and exercising with some old friends to see and hope that maybe it will help with my depression and hate of myself and life. It hasnt helped it has made it even worse. When we are done my friends go home to there wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, and families. I leave and go home to nothing and noone. It just makes me realize more and more I am alone with noone. It just hurts so bad to see how they have someone to be with, and how I am so alone in this world. I am literally crying as I write this just praying that it will all end. I just wish I would never see a day again.
  2. see

see Well-Known Member

I can relate. It is not easy .
  3. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

I could have wrote your posts verbatim. I too try and go out and be with my friends, but it is almost more painful to go out and then realize just how freaking alone you really are! It makes me angry, sad and depressed to have no on either! It is not fair at all.

So, yes, I can completely relate to what you are going through, it seems unbearable, but those feelings will pass if you let them. Cry, scream, do whatever you need to do to express the pain, the more you keep it inside the more it will hurt.

don't give up hope, you will not always be alone, even though it feels like it now, that is the beauty of life, it always changes!

Take care of yourself, and don't give up.
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

It's the same for me :(
    we could talk?
  5. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

Yep, same to me. I have a few friends who have a nice,happy lifes, they are going out,having fun,have a girlfriends,boyfriends while i have no one besides them. I feel so miserable if i try compare my life to theirs. I'm most of time alone,sitting home,never had a gf, and when they invite me to go out with them i usually refuse and then i hurt even more. I hate the way i am,it seem i will never change anything in my life, death is only option for me i know that and i'm getting closer to it,i can see the end.
  6. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Im so sorry you are feeling so low right now:sad:I can relate to how your feeling even though i DO have a family to go home to. Let me explain, i think that people that are suffering from depression feel isolated and alone, if you read some of my threads i have often said even though there are people around me that care i feel alone totally, i can be sat in a room with people around and its as though sometimes im not there i say yes and no in the right places but cant wait to leave at times to just be able to have the thoughts without worrying how it is going to effect those i care about, im not sure what is worse being alone or wanting to be alone?? both i guess
    Thats why SF is a good place to visit you have people here that will help and support you dont give up hun:hug:
  7. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

yeah, I have family in my home and many pets and can still feel alone even while sharing a room. this sounds awful, but have you ever thought of getting a dog, or pet? My ferrets and dogs have helped me so much these years. Part of what gets me up is knowing someone will be there no matter what.
  8. I can also relate. Quite lonely in fact. My familly hinders all progress which is no good at all for me to be around. So if you can't turn to a family member where can you really turn? All I have is my cat......:blink:
  9. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

This post is exactly me. It is so weird how much it does describe me. I feel so miserable myself more than words could ever describe when I compare myself to my friends lives. They have girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, and wives. I have absolutely nothing. It is a double edged sword. When I am not around them I am alone and by myself and it hurts, but when I am around them it just makes me see also how I have nothing and noone and it really hurts even more. I continue to ask myself what did I do wrong to deserve this. Why am I so worthless? Thank you everybody that has responded because at least I see there are others who feel this way. Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.