Can anyone relate?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Yobuddy, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yobuddy

Yobuddy New Member

I'm 61 one years old, and feeling that i'M REACHING THE END OF MY ROPE. i FEEL LIKE AN anocrisimn, that there is no place left for me in this world. I've been living on my own savings for that past 5 years or so, ,and money is getting low. I get $600 a month in pension, which doesn't even cover my rent. I have a little bit of money I can leave my kids, as well as my car, motorcycle, furnishings etc. I just feel that it's time for me to go.
  2. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

yeah, i can definitely relate. to get my age you just have to switch the numbers but there are time where i really feel like i've done my time, where i just want to turn my back and go. they are phases that come and go though. they might last for a few days but in the end the feeling of wanting to leaves and you enjoy just breathing (at least that's how it is by me.) at first nothing matters, i hate everything, but the next moment i can be loving everything despite all of the problems around me.
    so you're not alone there. =] i think a lot of people on here have felt like that before.
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Yobuddy - well, my hubby turned 61 a couple of days ago - we're in the same bracket. Understand about these thoughts and feelings, sure do....... But, how does the idea of turning this all around to experience the Golden Years by living them, and not throwing them away, sound to you? How would your children feel if you offed prematurely - surely it would put a dampener on their remaining years, don't think that because they have more time on their side that makes them strong enough to just accept what you did happily and just be able to shrug it off - they would never be able to forget it, of course. Life has a habit of disappointing our expectations, but that does not mean it's all bad, or that our down times cannot be redeemed and made sense of.

Willing to PM if you'd like to :concern:
  4. seek

seek New Member

i am 25, and just came out of being homeless.
    i lost my job because of the weak economy, and i lost everything.
    i was homeless and jobless for 2 years.

every day i felt like you do now.
    often times i still do.
    i dont know about your situation,
    but my mother was in a simmilar situation.
    she waited until she was 62 and went to social security.
    maybe you can survive until then..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.