Can anyone relate?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lionheart, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

Does anybody have the same issues with depression but worry if they did give up, worry where they might end up, I'm struggling with not knowing what to do.

I don't want to kill myself but it's such a depressing experience in life I find. Can anyone help?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I think a great many people relate to the concern of what really happens after one dies, I would even go so far as to say a large percentage of the people that truly believes there is nothing at all after death struggle with the fear that they might be right, as well as the more obvious fears of creationists of the possible consequences to the soul.

I key on the second part of you post - "I don't want to kill myself but it's such a depressing experience in life I find. Can anyone help?" - once again do not feel alone. Most of us that sometimes or even all the time feel suicidal do not want to die but rather want the fear,pain, and depression to stop and can only come up with suicide as an answer for themselves. The purpose of this forum is in large part to draw up the experiences of so many others to find alternative answers that can help. Of equal benefit is the ability to express these thoughts to people that understand them and can empathize instead of look sown on you or run away.

I can not promise I can help -nor likely can anybody else make that promise - but in our collective experience you may very well find the answers you need to help you have a more positive attitude and even to find happiness perhaps- be it in the form of better coping methods, better ways of finding distractions to keep your mind from the dark places, or in things to consider if seeking professional assistance and help in the way of medications. Please tell us a little more about your particular situation and lets work on those problems together?

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

3. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

There is nothing new under the Sun unless it is swallowed by Oracle.

4. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

I would be lying if the thought about afterlife didn't play a tremendous role in my hesitance to commit suicide. Would be like a lightbulb that just blows out and ceases to exist in the universe? Is there eternal damnation waiting on the other end (was raised Catholic)? All these thoughts and just the huge unknown is what sometimes keeps me from the edge. Because there have been times when I've said I just don't give a fuck anymore.

5. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that if I commit suicide, I'll be stuck here as a ghost... a miserable ghost with no chance of ever being happy, forced to exist in a world that I am no longer a part of. All I'll be able to do is try to haunt people so that they may share my misery.

6. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

Don't know about the same issues because you haven't really said what your issues are, unless you mean about the not knowing whether to die or live? as for that, I think many people who suffer depression have difficulty working out whether they want to die or escape from the situation they find themselves in. Most of what ails us all is only curable, or controllable, by ourselves, environment plays a big part, as does nurture and experience, but ultimately we make our own choices. For me the problem is having tried so many times I'm beginning to believe there is a reason I fail apart from being crap at carrying out the act, some of my attempts would have killed a hippo! it's very strange trying to accustom my mind to something different to what it's believed for an awful long time.
    Hopefully your talking on here will bring you in to contact with some who can help you, if you need to write and don't need an answer straight away, feel free to write me.
    best wishes, or as a friend says, namaste

7. Anonymous00

Anonymous00 Well-Known Member

I can. I am actually afraid that if I died I'd be in more torment than I am already in.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

It is hard not knowing what to do. What to want to do. :-(.

9. underwoman

underwoman Active Member

I honestly fear that I'll be stuck here as a ghost or be re-incarnated as another person or an animal.. It’s scary.

When it comes to your life, I think YOU are the only one who can make the right decision. From what you say in your post though, it seems that you aren't ready to leave this world just yet. So I hope that you find something or someone to make you feel a bit brighter. I know it's hard, but try to look for something that you find enjoyment in - it might help some of these depressing feelings that you're having.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.