Can Bi-Polar disorder be cured naturally?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by kyle88, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

Like no meds etc... on my own?

I dunno, i think its time to admit that i might be bi-polar... i experience such highs like i can rule the world to such lows where i ball my eyes out like a 3 year old child...

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

No, it cannot be 'cured', however i do know people who are in a remission of sorts.

I suggest you don't try to admit to having anything and see a professional who has the training to be able to make a diagnosis and assist you in getting stabilised.

3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I would do what Domo suggests and find out for sure before worrying about taking drugs for it. Blessings..

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I bring good news! There has been research showing it can be controlled naturally!

I happened upon some research about how to fight bipolar without medication or therapy; it's effective in my experience but far from easy. http://psycheducation.org/depression/darkrx.htm Basically, a strict sleep schedule with 10 hours of sleep per night can stop cycling. You don't have to sleep the whole time, but you need to be in a darkened room doing nothing for those 10 hours per night at the same time each day.

I think I managed to arrest my rapid cycling bipolar 1 using that method, sleeping from midnight to 10AM. I've only been consistent for 6-8 weeks, but in that time I've not cycled (whereas I'd expect a mania and a depression in that time otherwise).

And yes, it's hard to keep up. It's not clear whether you need to do it all the time or only when you do cycle; I do it all the time, though.

5. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

Interesting study and article... Thanks...

I also have been doing a bit of research on the subject and it's interesting to note how health and diet play a role in someones mood...

I've known about proper sleeping for a while now, its just easier said than done... i will definitely have to at least try and regulate my sleeping times...

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Definitely easier said than done. It's brutal sleeping strict hours... But I think it'll be especially good while I'm in university since consistent hours lead to more productivity and better brain function.

7. princehappy

princehappy New Member

Unfortunately, there is no cure for bipolar, but it is treatable. With the proper medications, rest, daily routine and diet, a bipolar can lead a normal life.I hope you do not have the disease because it can leave behind a trail of devastation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.