Can cheating on someone be ever justified???

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by 1112222, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Because all my coworkers seem to think so

OK last night I went to a farewell pissup that my coworkers had organized. Two of them Alice and Bradley for some unknown reason felt the need to tell everyone that they gave their no good ex BF/GF the middle finger by cheating on them.Alice had a bastard boyfriend who treated her like shit (though the boyfriend never physical abused or cheated on her) and Bradley who had caught the girl who he was going to purpose to in bed with a another man. Now both of them decided that the best way to get back at those who had hurt them was with the use of good old infidelity. Alice with her boyfriend's younger brother, Bradley with his Girlfriend's second best friend.

Now unlike everyone else who was there I was the only person who disagreed with their actions. I tried to point out that they were both hypocrites and what they did in my opinion was downright childish. But at the same time I could sorta see where the people who thought that their actions were justifiable were coming from (even if I thought they were full of crap).

Were both Alice and Bradley in the right and does anyone else here believe that cheating on someone can be justified as a method of payback?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2010
  2. stig

stig Well-Known Member

never, cheating is a betrayal of trust. i've had it done to me a few times. it rips your guts out. they are pathetic. if they wanted someone else they should do the decent thing and finish one relationship before embarking on another. they should end their relationship and walk away with their head held high. by doing what they are doing they are using others to hurt people. it is a self perpetuating action that only hurts others.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

In one word NO!
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

No i don't believe cheating can ever be justified and those two are no better then their partners who cheated on them first...
    as stig rips your guts out..
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Maybe if you have the mind of a pre-schooler or believe in 'an eye for an eye', you could find some twisted way to justify your actions.
    It's not right though.
    Not in this society... if you love someone and have an agreement to be with only them, you should honor that even if they do not.
    If you have any level of integrity you would never cheat- no matter what the circumstances are.

Break off one relationship; be it purely physical or deeply emotional, before you start another.

I think your co-workers are immature; also- they are giving you advice based on how they feel about *your* situation, rather than how they would feel if they were you.
  6. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

never, cheating is a betrayal of trust, i'd much rather be dumped for someone else then cheated on. the only justifiable way of sleeping with someone other then your partner is if it's in a willingly open or cuckolded relationship.
  7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Personally, No. Mind you I've never been in a relationship, so it's not like I could cheat on someone or be cheated upon. I'm not the kind of person that could cheat on another. But I don't know how anyone could love me anyways.
  8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I think that it's a far more sensible system to have open relationships until marriage if not forever, but if you claim you'll be monogamous and don't hold up to that claim you're a dick.
  9. No1_knows_me

No1_knows_me Active Member

No. Don't wanna be with someone? Dump them. Cheating is for idiots.
  10. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Probably not, if they hated their partners that much why not just dump em.
    I on the other hand have a massive dilema with the girl that wants me and the one Im with.
  11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

The behaviour in that situation sounds immature in terms of stupid/pathetic to me, I don't get it.
  12. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

Any form of payback is immature, if its not working out then its not working out, walk away. And on the heels of that I'd like to add that i don't understand why cheating is payback at all.. I'm a great believer that love and sex are 2 different things. As long as the sex outside your main relationship is safe and the involved parties are honest and have no interest in a more romantic relationship then its fine. /shrug I know I'm a minority...
  13. 1112222

Well its nice to see that unlike my co workers that people here are able to handle such situations without acting like six year olds.
    Though to be fair I did try to avoid being too sanctimonious towards both them as I know from first hand experience that consequences that can arise from infidelity can be both serious and long lasting.

Funnily enough today I just found out that Alice got crabs from banging her boyfriend's younger brother.
  14. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

LOL. She took a risk and got slapped :)
  15. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

...that's karma at it's best, right there.
  16. 1112222

Last night at work I found out that both Alice and Bradley have gone back to their cheating parters to work things out.

My brain is hurting over this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.