Can friendship replace love?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Feb 17, 2010.

?

Can friendship replace love?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    63.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

feeling wanted, needed etc... doesn't apply only to love, but friendship also....But what if they ever crossed path? Friends or lovers...which do you choose?

2. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Friends of course... I do not have to listen insults after sex then...

3. Darc

Darc Well-Known Member

I'd take whatever I can get...Up till now, I still haven't found out how to make friends or lovers...I wonder which is harder. Not that I'm gonna find out, though.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I'd say making good friends would be wiser in my life..I am so over relationships and being lied too and cheated on.. I just don't need the ole heart strings wripped out of me anymore..

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

friendships are relationships. you can have a loving friendship. i'd rather have that than relationships where, lets be honest their sexual needs were the main priority there :rolleyes:
    if i see anything developing where there is no sexual attraction and i know this, it will NEVER happen, then i'm really clear as to how i see that person and i tell them at the beginning and try and get that clear. i've been in messy situations because of this in the past. i hate doing it, it's awkward but it has to be done.

6. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

You are nice then.
    I hate when men start to talk about doubles with meaning or not...

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I think that the word 'friendship' is used too loosely these days. A friend is someone you can confide in, rely upon, will care for you, help you out. And you'll do the same for them. People may say they are our friends but when the shit hits the fan we realise they weren't.

And then I thought well the term 'love' is also used too loosely these days... someone you love is someone you can confide in, rely upon... oh that's friendship isn't it? What's the difference? Sex? It's not that important to me. So there's no difference.

8. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

It can't.

A friendship, won't ever be able replace something intimate you share with the one you love. It's impossible, if your feelings are real atleast. x_x

I'm deeply in love with someone, and her bringing up the word "Friendship" or "Let's be friends" makes me want to tear my heart out. Moments we'd never share anymore, just awkard situation after situation, and as a friend you can be easily replaced.

The line "You're my companion, best friend" Is rather over used. You'll be replaced no matter what, and that line isn't going to make a change in that.

It hurts disgustingly much.

9. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

friendship is all i ever had so i would choose love and hope friendship would come later.....

10. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

friendship is part of love, I love my friends...and I believe that on some level, your lover is also your friend...one cannot live without the other...

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I agree, friendship should be part of love. I think they can sort of work together, so that the person you love is also your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.