Can healed wounds re-open??

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by AxiomUltimatum, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxiomUltimatum

AxiomUltimatum Well-Known Member

Why, when after so much work, so much effort, so much time and pain does a wound you healed re-open?

Why, just as things falling into place, does something have to make you fall apart?

This is the rape and abuse forum.
    Maybe, had I discovered SF a few years ago, I would have written and read here. But by the time I found SF I had licked my wounds.

Until 3/4 weeks ago, flashbacks were a rare occurrence. I had panic attacks under control and the best part was that the nightmares and terrors had ceased.
    I had begun to trust again.
    I had begun to live again.

I don't understand why its happened again. Not the same at all as before but the way its affecting me is the same.

I can't be touched by anyone again.
    I don't like it when people look at me.
    I can't really talk to guys anymore.
    I don't want to leave my bed let alone leave my room or go outside.

I'm still trying. Still fighting but it hurts so much. Its so hard.

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Axiom, sorry the demons have appeared so strongly now again.. anything stressful happened recently to you? done night terrors and flashbacks myself and it just plain terrifying.. got anyone on your healthcare team now??? if yes maybe some talking with them will help you figure this out and able to vanquish the demons again.. best wishes , Jim
  3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

been there, done that. do you know what triggered it? been stressed recently? i'm more likely to be tipped over when stressed so when i am starting to get stressed i try take note of it, and so it takes some of the sting out if/when it does come.

i'd suggest talking to someone, if there's someone that you trust enough to talk to about it. i know it's easier said than done, though. :hug:

look after yourself.

4. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this has happened - as said above, has anything changed? It may be something you have not really considered. Once you know why its happening again you can try to fight them again as you have done before with some success, evidently.
  5. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

yes-one's demons can come back to haunt at our weakest moments. The nightmare or worse the broken dream.Our worst fears lie in anticipation*.
    *Madmen-Episode ?.
  6. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Yes, i say so... But you can never steal my mind. Ive been crushed since 15 and it did make a simple life worse, i do sufferibng from vaginimus (spell please) and thats a crime, but i have to suffer , i have the problems but what have i done? Thats my crime ???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.