Can i? Can you?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by absolution, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

How do you save someone who doesnt want to be saved? can you? can i? no i cant and neither can you....so whats the point of this anymore? why am i still here? idk either.....

2. kote

kote Account Closed

i dont know either.

someone who is intent on hurting themselves in one way or another will quite indeed do so.

but if we show support and offer friendship that person still has hope.

thats all we can wish for is keeping them going with whatever little hope we can offer.

i believe in free will but i would try to sway someone to better options than self harm, yet still we have no real power.

:poo:

3. Robin

Robin Guest

I know and have known plenty of members and friends who have wanted to die, none of whom wanted to kill themselves. It's scary beyond any nightmare, lonely and often painful and we all know it.

You are likely still here because like most of us, no matter how many friends you have, you still feel an unbearable loneliness, a feeling that society has rejected you and that God is punishing you and yet you find compassion from those that feel the same, it's confusing for anyone, I mean if they hate themselves and yet care for me and I care for them and hate myself, what's going on?

I don't know your circumstances and I don't know your story and I wouldn't begin to second guess and imagine let alone compare your pain to others, but what I am saying is that just because you feel this pain does not make you evil, useless or a parasite (the list goes on of course).

Mental Illness is a disease, one that is often treatable though not always and depending on the state of your countries social health care, not always affordable.

No-one here can fix you or cure you but they can care about you, even if they don't know you because at the end of the day they hold out hope that someone cares about them too, which is why they are still here too :hug:

4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

why are either or us here?

are we here because we're stupid, weak, or stubborn?

i think the fact that we're here, on this forum, asking these questions probably shows that deep down, where even WE cannot see it, there is a part of us that DOES want to be saved

can i? - started it 5 times in the last two and a half weeks

number of times being able to talk about it with people on this site that have saved me - 5

we both hurt - we hurt so bad that we don't want to breathe or look at our reflections either in the mirror or in somebody else's eyes - we don't want to be ashamed/failures/guilty/lonely/pathetic/useless/worthless any more and we can't even talk about because of the looks or the attitudes or the fear of what someone else with think or do

believe me i get it, oh god do i get it - i get is so much that i see #6 barrelling toward me like casey jones and i'm having trouble figuring out how to stop it or deciding if i want to

i need these people on this forum to help keep my head on straight, put things in perspective, even smack me when necessary

i love all the people that think suicide is easy

suicide is hard - it should be hard, it should be the single most difficult and terrifying decision we should ever have to confront if only due to the horrifying finality of it and the potential for making things far worse should we attempt it and fail

we keep posting here because we need to know that someone who isn't strictly family or who has some other agenda still thinks there's something worth saving, worth caring about - that someone doesn't think we're stupid, or not normal, that other people feel the same way we feel - that we are not freaks

i'm not going to tell you it's easy - been fighting this war with myself for over 35 years - i may win, i may not but some weird part of me keeps trying - it can be done

PM me anytime if you just want to talk without a full audience but try to keep posting here so you can gain the benefit of the group's experience and guidance

hang on

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

hugs......

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

thanks guys...all of you. Thank you. :hug: sometimes it seems so hopless that its not worth it but this place helps...although i feel like it brings me down too. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.