Can I delete a post I made?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Margret, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Margret

Margret Member

... can I? If not, can I edit it? With the help of an admin or how?

Thank you very much, have a lovely day! :)
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Margret... There is a time after you post that you can edit it... After that period only the moderators or administrators can edit it.. We are willing to consider editing for you..

Post deletion s can only be done by staff.. If you could give me the title and forum where this post is I will take a look..if anyone has replied we may not delete post cause that may destroy the continuity of the thread.. Jim

Next time with a post like this would be better to post in letters to management as then only you and staff can see it..
  3. Margret

Margret Member

Thank you very much for taking to time to answer and help me out with this! I appreciate it a lot!...

Here is my post: (suicide forum -> after effects -> how old were you when you first attempted suicide-> page 8)

I would like to replace that long and detailed answer with "I was 16 or 17, I can't really remember." I want to edit it that much because I think it brings too many details about me.

Thank you! Next time I will do as you mentioned! :)
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

think I got it done Margret.. we do not do deletions or editing most times so do give some thoughts from now on.. exceptions are posts which are breaking rules or that are just spam. glad to help you ..
  5. Margret

Margret Member

Thank you, jimk! I will put more thought into it next time I post anything! :)
  6. Selex

Selex New Member

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Selex link did not work in message to me but think I found them and deleted the 2nd post..
  8. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Super late bump, but I think it's devaluing to members, to assume everyone who leaves the site is doing so to die.

Lots of people join during a hard time, then get through it. It's like the love letters I have from my Ex. I see them, and remember a bad part of my life.

Sure burning/ cutting them up won't erase the past, but it will take away a reminder or "trigger" and let me feel like I have the power to move forward.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.