Can I Have Myself Committed Permanently

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Godsdrummer, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I feel my sanity slipping away a little more each day. This morning while warming up the car, I couldnt make up my mind to scrape the frost off the windows.

The other day...I couldnt decide if I should eat dinner or not. There are many more signs like that where I have been loosing functionality.

There are times when I cant even make up my mind to take a shower or shave even though I know I need to.

And the thing is...I dont want to be treated...I just want to get out of the rat race, before I am unable to make up my mind in doing anything.

2. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

you are severely mentally stressed for sure. I was just like you about a year ago PLUS anxiety attacks, nervous breakdowns, insomnia and de-personalization. you have a very 'disturbed' mind and thats why u are facing confusion. u need time. u need rest. Rest if u must be don't quit.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Rest is what I need. Sadly I have to work. All the time.

4. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

call into work sick
    say that youre not feeling too well.
    do you have vacation time?
    maybe just taking that time off to rest
    would be a good idea :hug:

5. LastCrusade

Work is good. Brings in $$$ to pay rental so that you dont have to live under a bridge right? so you should be okay if u have work dude!

6. LastCrusade

the problem is that when one is very mentally stressed up, a day or two off does not do much good. they need about 1 month or two but it isnt possible.

7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Usually 48 hours in a crisis ward is enough to make me regret going to the hospital :laugh:.

I don't know how some people take the time off to relax.

8. LastCrusade

it's not about relaxing, it's about healing. :)

9. LastCrusade

for pete sake,

I see you every where (in the net ). i just replied in one of your threads in the other forum hehe

10. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yeah I am a old timer on the web. Fact is since my depression kicked in harder this past week, I have neglected the KISSFansite where I have over 7000 posts. lol

Music doesnt really interest me right now.

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I don't know about permanently but you could certainly go for a short time.
    I wish I could go long-term but I haven't found anything long-term yet.
    :hug: :heart:

12. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

the last time I was in the mental ward at my local hospital was when I tried to cash my chips in. I dont know if I can go just for depression, although I have been having suicidal thoughts. I suspect that will remain with me for the rest of my life.

the other side of that coin is that even though I have insurance, It only pays 80%. So even 20% paying would be a big ass bill that I wont be able to afford to pay.

I hate feeling like my mind is slipping though.

13. maranature

maranature Well-Known Member

I have similiar thoughts to the OP; I often think about having myself committed.

However, I went to a mental health unit and saw some of the individuals there and my instinctive response was to be as far away as possible from them - simply a no brainer - flee from danger! Understand.

14. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi.... i can totally relate to what you're going through. . . your state of mind is actually 'altered' your brain chemistry has changed.

i have trouble doing simple tasks at times, or making formerly simple decisions. we all have been there at one time or another hun- keep reaching out to us. . pm me if you want to talk about it - or others on here too. but i love the state of illinois - so i am sending you a huge '''go bears'''' hug....:arms:

15. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I'm currently living in a mental hospital, but things probably work different in Canada...

Anyways, here most patients are referred - or forced - by a psychiatrist they met with - or were forced to meet after some incident. If you think you need to be in one of the treatment programs, your best bet is a psychiatrist. Your family doctor can probably hook you up.

I wouldn't recommend this, but a faked suicide attempt or some-such *might* do the trick. You see a psychiatrist at the crisis ward. *Might* work. I'm basing everything on my experiences in Canada, and living relatively closely to a dedicated mental hospital. I'm not sure how things would vary.

16. LastCrusade

I ventured in to self-employment and worked happily for myself ever after as I do not have to get involved in office politics, shoe polishing, saying things i dont mean etc. Self Employment is Good Employment! FREEDOM to work and to take time off.

17. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I've felt very similar to the OP for the past week. Like I'm just . . . slipping away . . . for lack of a better term of phrase. I've literally spent 20 hours asleep over the past day and a half.

I've thought about seeking some sort of psychiatric referral myself, but it would pretty much be the death-toll for my career. And if there's one thing I need, it's money.

Thank God I have vacation time saved up. I'll be on a beach in two week's time, away from everything and everyone I know for a little while.

Anyway, for the OP, I wouldn't recommend trying to get in permanently. My experience with hospitals and the US psychiatric system has been less than pleasant, and I couldn't imagine staying there. Try taking a few days off from work? A mini-vacation sounds like it would do you wonders. I know that it isn't the best answer but it's the best that I can think of right now.

Hope you feel better.

18. LastCrusade

I once laid in bed for 1 year 7 months, wanting to die, given up all hope on myself and the urges was so strong. Somehow, I survived. 23 hours a day in a dark room, not wanting to face the world. Lost one and a half years of my life to depression only to realise that time is a great healer and i can't die, if i dont take my life. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.