Can I just check myself in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelsi

Account Closed
Thngs are kind of bad right now and I was wondering if anyone knew how this works. Is it possible to just go to a hospital and check myself in saying I feel suicidal? Will they take me? I have no job right now. If anyone could help that would be great.

im glad someone asked this. i want to know too. the last straw was when i OD'd at work yest! i need help. im a mess. I hope your ok and if you need a shoulder, i am here for you. :hug:

Kelsi

Account Closed
Thanks. I hope we can find something out soon. I hope youre feeling better today. Right now is a good time for me. Im unemployed and crazy. :)

same for me. i have a job but im pretty sure im gonna lose it. they hate all the time iv been taking off! i am feeling a little better thanks hun. hope you are too :smile:

Avarice

I don't have a job either, and the pressure from people is driving me insane. I have my own problems going on that are stopping me from being able to get one, but they don't try to understand that and help me. I'd like to know the answer to this question too. If I don't have the guts to kill myself when my mum gets sick of me and makes me leave, at least I'll have somewhere to go that can help me. s:

Confusticated

You can. Tell them if you don't get taken in for help, you'll just go off and kill yourself, and by law, in this country at least (UK), they have to take you in.

corang

If your in the US and they say no you can probably call 911 and say you don't feel safe. I said some threatening stuff (about myself not others) and the police brought me to the hospital before they knew about my insurance situation so that will probably work if asking them doesn't.

Evixen

SF Veteran
If you're in Canada I know where I live you have to be seen by an ER doctor that then decides whether you need a psychiatric assessment. If you do they put you on a Form 1 and send you to EPT. Then you see a nurse there and wait for a psychiatrist. Depending when you come you get different people. In the day you'll get the on call child or adult psychiatrist. After hours you get a resident psychiatrist. They decide whether you get admitted to a psychiatric ward or not. Not you. They usually don't admit people. I've told them before that if I was allowed to leave I would attempt again and they still let me leave. The people at the children's hospital have told me to call 911 if they do but it's a waste of time. The children's hospital doctors and nurses believe myself and other teens like me should be hospitalized in their children's psychiatric ward upstairs but the psychiatrists at EPT obviously don't think so. So for where I live no checking yourself in is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00