• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Ideas & Opinions Can I talk to my partner?

I relapsed recently cause of a personal life event and now I'm walking through slush in slippers waiting for my partner to come outside so I can express how I've been feeling, I want to tell them where i am menatlly but don't think I can without being manipulative (I've had a lot of exes threatening to kts if I left) idkwtd I already almost <mod edit - methods>

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry that you're going through this.

Do you want to say more about the life event, and what you relapsed on?
I want to tell them where i am menatlly but don't think I can without being manipulative (I've had a lot of exes threatening to kts if I left)
Are you thinking of leaving this partner? I ask this because you mentioned the threats from exes.

I don't think it's manipulative to express what you think and feel. Saying "do x, or I'll do y" would be manipulative, but just saying what you think and feel is just communicating. That doesn't mean that what you say will necessarily be well received, but there's nothing manipulative about it. Guilt tripping you about communicating would be the manipulative thing.

just checking in. I hope you are feeling more clarity right now, friend.
It is so hard to talk about mental health even when we want to normalize it.
It can be okay and I am hoping you are safe and supported right now.
Best Wishes.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00