Can I trust you?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anoriginalthought, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anoriginalthought

anoriginalthought Active Member

Its something that I've been asking for awhile. I don't know who I can and cannot trust. I've been quite naive in the past, but now I just feel uncertain all the time. All steps I take and all the people around me feel wrong. How's that for uncertain? haha anyone else feel this way?

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

You just have to trust your instinct/intuition anoriginalthought - ok you could get hurt but if you don't trust anyone then ok you wont get hurt but you will be lonely - The way I see it trust initially - if that trust is betrayed then you know you can't trust them -

3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure I've ever been fully uncertain in the way you have, but I can certainly understand naivety. I used to be someone who'd believe almost everything I was told until it was proven otherwise, that nowadays I'd be more likely to be pondering if there are meanings behind words (example being, if someone told me they were fine - I wouldn't be likely to believe it's 100% true - there's often something behind it).

But what I do know is - trust can take time to build with people. Online it may seem easier to start with, but it's comparatively harder as we do not know them in real life. As Twocky61 suggested, trust your instinct/intuition - but maybe I'd be a bit more cautious than initially trusting and then having it betrayed. Trust, like respect, is built up over time. If broken, it can either be beyond repair (depending on situation), or take time to recover (with a bit of work from both sides, mainly the one who broke the trust but a little bit of compromise and understanding from the other side could help within time).

I may not be the best for giving advice - but I will at least give it a go. If I'm completely wrong, I'll pop in the apology now for it, because as a human, I am susceptible (just like all) to making mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.