can purging?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wheresmysheep, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i have purged a number of times now, and i'm just wondering if others find it hard to keep food down after purging a few times.
    to make myself more clear, i mean when you eat does your body automatically try and puke it back up again, i am finding this after every meal i have, and especially after drinks

2. Gem_Gem

Gem_Gem Well-Known Member

Hey.

I know what you mean, I find it extreamly hard to keep things down now, I haven't for nearly 2 weeks and have to go to hospital to go on a drip cause I can't even keep water down.

I know what you are going through, it's really horrible. You should get help because it will only get worse.

Hope you get better soon :hug:

3. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

It will help if you take everything in very, very small portions - little and often. Even drinks, don't have a lot at once. Have very, very small sips very frequently as much as you can without feeling sick. Eventually your body will start to keep food down. Also, avoid anything acidic like orange juice and soda / fizzy drinks. If you find drinking things like cola help (sometimes this happens, it does with me XD) then open it and leave it in the fridge, allowing it to go flat. The bubbles will stop the "little and often" technique from working because you're putting a lot of air in your stomach, basically.

I hope this helps and you feel better soon.

4. History

History Well-Known Member

I used to binge and puked when I was in my teens. Soon, I could just bend down the toilet bowl and puke without even having to stick a finger in my throat. Sometimes I do face the same problem as you. The moment I eat, I feel like the food is goingto come 'out' but it goes away if you stop puking after a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.