can severe depression be fatal?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by painful, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. painful

painful Well-Known Member

just wondering

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Probably. Depression can often lead to suicide, after all. It does not mean that you'll die if you have severe depression though. The worry, I suppose, is if you're suicidal along with it.

TDM

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

It can vary from person to person, situation to situation. Plus different things can trigger people. Some people are more impulsive, and others take the time to plan it out. Both are dangerous. While the implusive will simply attempt within seconds, and the planner will create an intricate set of events. It can be hard to tell when someone is suicidal.

The sad thing is, is that I've known most people at school the entire time I've felt this way. So I've probly come across as just quiet. Some people notice there's soemthing up, but that's just the teachers. The kids are probly stuck in their own little worlds.

I stick to the notion that any mental illness left untreated will kill you, eventually.

4. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Ah YES!!! But if you constantly is feeding with rights(which you deserves) and strength, as myself I am living for a 'goodlife' to happen as I see it, if not, Im gonna kill myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.