Can someone please help me

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Someone that I know is going to die and I did what I can but I don't know what to do and I don't think there is anything that I can do. They're killing him and he's going to self destruct and I feel so helpless. I just hate that I can't be there. So they win, they win and he dies. There isn't anything I can do, what can I do?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I'm not sure what's going on, but it sounds like if your friend is that vulnerable, you need to encourage them to get some help, call emergency services if you need to.

3. Samara

Samara Account Closed

You are not explaining this situation very well... I went over it, but I felt like you ignored what I said, or disregarded it in the chat.

If they are still drinking, you need them to stop doing that. They should know by now that getting that drunk helps nobody and worsens their situation.

Who is "They". Someone else is killing your friend???

4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

His family thinks it's a joke that he tries to kill himself, he's done it five times already and I'm afraid he's at his last straws now. He's going through so much stress right now and he doesn't think he can handle it anymore and I'm just worried. But there isn't anything I can do because I don't live nearby. Just thought I'd ask in some desperate state of mind. Thanks for responding.

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

The largest issue that I have found relating to suicide is that people are not educated as to the reality and the dangers of depression and suicide and therefore there is not a good understanding out there to help drive suicide prevention. This is where focus needs to be given so that larger numbers of individuals will have a better chance of early detection, maintenance, and prevention.

I still do not fully understand who "they" are. We are individuals who should work on not allowing others to negatively influence us. Your friend needs to contact a crisis intervention service and get some assistance.

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm sorry Prinn... I know what it feels like to want to help so much, but be too damn far away. It's a situation I dealt with a few days ago too. There's only so much you can do, and I realize you already know that. But it still hurts like hell.

7. Samara

Samara Account Closed

Encourage him to enter into a detox or suicide watch/hospital stay?

One of the two? That surely should at least clearly tell the family that something is wrong, and show them that he is taking it seriously?

Drinking is probably not helping the family take him seriously at all.

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Prin...is there anything I can do to either help him or support you? Please let me know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.