Can someone talk me out of this?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ryanglander, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

Fearing death is holding me back.

I'm afraid of being re-incarnated as multiple animals by my atoms.

Or having my life repeated if the fate of the universe is to implode then re-explode. (fate of the universe)

I'm also very afraid of just not existing ever again. I don't know why since my life has been terrible?

I'm also afraid of being "rescued".

Also afraid of being re-incarnated as another person.

Lastly the lease likley option, having a soul and being judged for sins, and this scenerio would result in an eternal afterlife.

When I tried to kill myself, I was overcome with fear. How do you reduce it? Or get rid of it? Are there any other possibilities that can happen when you die?

2. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Anything can happen when we die. No one knows.

Death is scary for that reason, especially suicide.

Why do you feel you need to resort to this?

3. ryanglander

I have a not nice family so I am in a hotel. I haven't any friends, and my dad is dead. I have a lethal method, I just need to fight the survival instinct. I'm starting to read how, and found a few ways. I'm going to be alone in my house this week (I don't want to give out the date) but I think I'm ready. I just want the pain to stop, which is not random but caused by a continual knowledge that my only living parent doesn't care about me at all.

Without family or friends, life isn't worth a damn life = 0. And further when you have someone out to get you causing you pain then life = -1.

Yes that is what drives people to suicide, myself included, pain, I don't care if I don't experience the releif the -1 will turn into 0, and I will be better off.

4. bongo

bongo New Member

I sympothise with you often feeling the same way, my religion tells me I will become a ghost if I commit suicide. Feeling how I feel now but without a body to engage my mind in so many distractions scares the hell out of me!

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No such thing as reincarnation, no such thing as afterlife, no such thing as anything after you die. Everything you've been told is a lie, created by man to give him comfort in the face of the inevitable which is death. Truth is all of those lies are creations of the conscience, and the conscience is a product of the brain. When the brain dies, so will it and all the nonsense created in it. Hope this makes you feel better, but you should probably just live because death is permanent and there ain't shit to look forward to afterward.

Also, ain't no getting rid of the fear; it's the natural human instinct to have fear because the human mind is programmed to survive. It's like the auto instinct to reach for air when you suffocate or drown -- the body is overtaking your will to die by it's programmed will to survive. Ain't no getting over that shit. It's going to be painful, it's going to be scary, and it's going to get dark real, real quick and you might try to breathe in for one last time, but you'll just croak away. Maybe you'll cough or something. But definitely, unless you destroy your brain stem and the brain itself, you'll feel all the pain associated with deterioration and shut-down of the bodily functions. Your body won't be able to move, you won't be able to inhale nor exhale, but your brain will still live for about 2 minutes, and you'll be experiencing the suffocating feeling of having no air. You'll be able to hear everything still because your auditory part of the brain will still be functioning for at least 20 minutes.

You won't be able to speak, cry, fart, nothing, but your mind will still be aware of what's happening, since the nervous system hasn't yet shut down. So, basically you'll just be sitting there, and all you can do is hope you're not taken into autopsy before your brain shuts down, or else you'll feel everything and won't be able to respond; though this is very rare, it does happen. Kind of like that movie "Awake" based on the true story, where the guy goes under anesthesia, but the anesthesia didn't work fully, so he was still aware of his heart surgery, and unable to move or cry or respond in anyway, but he felt and saw and heard everything. I mean, you'll eventually just die away like going into a sleep (without dreams or waking up), but you'll be aware of and feel the whole dying ordeal before it happens.

Is that going to be you? I don't know, it all depends on what you decide to do. What, you thought it was just going to be easy where you peacefully drift away as your body's fight to survive reaches its peak and shrivels away painfully? I'm just sayin'. Do you really wanna die under unnatural circumstances?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
  6. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

You can't prove any of that.

7. ryanglander

But it doesn't make sense. Is time linear? Was there a beggining? There had to have been a beggining, yet it is also impossible. (I'm talking before the big-bang)
    Time had to have gone infinatley backwards.

If I could know that I will indeed cease to exist forever once I die, I would kill myself the first chance. But its unknown. I mean my atoms have been around for billions of years, so my atoms will bring life in the future, and it won't be me, but if they are my atoms, isn't that me just not life as I know it now?

Its not clear... Its unknown...

Anyway just like, if you were 20, and had lots of bad memories, and no real family, while having family obligations and a few of them out to get you, why live? I mean if there is more pain in the long-run we really are better off dead. I don't like how people try to control suicidal people with fear, it pisses me off, and its not right.

8. ryanglander

Like if I don't kill myself tonight, I know that tommorow I can eat something I like and maybe watch a movie. But if I die I might be worse off. Why do we encourage eachother to live, is it really making us better off? We don't know... No one knows.... I gamble sometimes, and I'm about to roll the dice....

9. Prinnctopher's Belt

The first paragraph, nah I can't prove that there's no afterlife. Just projecting my personal beliefs in that part. But all the rest is science.

10. ryanglander

Princetogmg Bsometthing - you misunderstand me, I am not afraid of the process of dieing, its what comes after that. My method is painless and will have me unconscious in less then 60 seconds and dead in less then 5 minutes.

11. Prinnctopher's Belt

There's no way of knowing, man. It's all a matter of personal opinion. I don't know how to talk you out of it, besides just accepting that there ain't shit after death. Your body deteriorates away into worm's food, or ashes if you're burnt. That's about it.

But what I'm wondering is what made you lose hope in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.