Can suicide idealisation occur without major depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and is it that much of a bad thing? I wouldn't call myself depressed because I can generally function well. Maybe more melancholic. But I think about suicide a lot.

Yeah I think it's always been in my mind even when I was having some good periods in my life.Ive always almost felt envious of people that have the courage to fall on their sword,so far I've always been too gutless to see it through.In my twenties I told my girlfriend that I couldn't really make long term plans as I wouldn't be around that long,I kinda think now,why would I say that? It's just fascinated me since my teens and always been there since. Strange !!

.In my twenties I told my girlfriend that I couldn't really make long term plans as I wouldn't be around that long,I kinda think now,why would I say that?
I've said similar things as well. Bizzare, I know it sounds weird before I say it.

i've not heard of this.

i think in an ideal world, if you arn't depressed, you have everything you need, you are happy, why would you think like that

but then i guess i've not had the experience of positive thinking, so i'm not sure

I remember being happy, and even when I was happy it was still there, looming over me. I think it's the pessimist in me, always thinking, no matter how happy I am it wont last. Something will always come along to ruin it for me. So I keep it on the back burner.

Friedrich Nietzsche once said, "It is always consoling to think of suicide: in that way, one gets through many a bad night". He couldn't be more right, imo.

LostNerd

i've not heard of this.

i think in an ideal world, if you arn't depressed, you have everything you need, you are happy, why would you think like that

but then i guess i've not had the experience of positive thinking, so i'm not sure
Depression is a factor, however, some people could just feel curious?

I remember being happy, and even when I was happy it was still there, looming over me. I think it's the pessimist in me, always thinking, no matter how happy I am it wont last. Something will always come along to ruin it for me. So I keep it on the back burner.

Friedrich Nietzsche once said, "It is always consoling to think of suicide: in that way, one gets through many a bad night". He couldn't be more right, imo.
That qoute sounds exactly right to me,always brings me comfort to think that I have a get out and yeah I carry that with me always like my little comfort blanket.strange how something so final can be tucked away as plan b and sit so well within one self.It really feels like part of me and it's something so massive,I go about my day and paint on a smile and say I'm ok.I've tried to drop hints to family members by way of my interest in suicide and always defend people that have done it. I guess I'm hoping they won't be too shocked if I go the same way. Sorry I'm rambling on now lol

pppqp

I think any people who aren't happy with life, not only those who suffer from major depression, can equally have suicide idealization. There are also a lot of mental illnesses like anxiety, ADHD, bipolar, etc that make life difficult to the point that suicide is considered another choice. I myself don't have major depression but I repeat details of how I will kill myself everyday in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00