Can thoughts of suicide be an O.C.D problem?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ladycathy1, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladycathy1

ladycathy1 Active Member

I am new to this site. I just wonder how many others live with the thought of suicide everyday-almost as if it is O.C.D? I can't get the thoughts out of my head. I tried to hurt myself over 15 times. Many were never reported. I did not tell anyone. I was not looking for attention. Two times I almost was sucessful I was found and sent to the E.R. I have done hospitals and therapy in the past. I can't afford to go now. The money is not here. I live with a lot of medical issues including depression. I know everyone has their problems-many worse than mine. I find I have no one to talk to-such stigma attached to even talking about suicide. My husband died of a heart attack 6 years ago. I really think I should be next to him. I don't have any children. My stepson was killed and later his wife was murdered. I moved in with an abusive guy and stayed for three years. I moved back to my hometown and I thought the suicide thoughts would leave. I don't have a reason to go on. I don't have an answer anymore on what to do for help. Thank you, Cathy
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Yes they can in fact my pdoc summed me up as
    "OCD about my depressio" please PM me if you would like to talk further..
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Lady and welcome...I experienced the same type of OCD re my suicidality in the took a long time to shift the thoughts to something more lifeful (may not be a word)...hope you find the support you are looking for here and welcome again, big hugs, J
  4. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

My relationship to death and suicide can definitely be called an obsession. I see everything through the lens of suicide now, no matter what it is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.