Can you edit a post after it's been posted?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bereft9, Sep 15, 2016.

1. bereft9

bereft9 Member

Sorry for such a basic question, but I can't find the answer. :)
  2. CodeX

CodeX Controversial Figure

for certain mins after posting .. (in troubleshooting section there is no edit option)
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You can edit the post within 3 minutes of posting, if you would like to changed/edited PM a staff member or post in ask the staff.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Can we increase the time frame from 3 mins to 10 mins??
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

The window for editing it is kept short so that it will be edited prior to getting responses - This prevents responses that make no sense anymore because of substantial edits in the post. A member can always do another post in same thread to clarify - or as mentioned ask the staff to make minor corrections if needed after the fact. The best option is to always use the "more options" and preview the post before submitting it to make sure it is what you want it to say / look like.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Good question to ask as I have noticed some of the posts I was typing midway get accidently sent on my smartphone and immediately there is no editing option available, if I accidently go back out of the thread and back in well within 10 seconds there isn't still an editing option. I just start another post sheepishly finishing it. It sometimes suck but I rather have it limited so people don't change the post on other people like I have seen several times here on SF. I rather take that nonediting option over the editing.
  7. bubblebear

bubblebear Princess

no i dont think so. so what we post stays posted ha.
  8. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

The post edit is set to 5 minutes. You cannot, however, delete your post once it is posted.