Can you give me a reason....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no family, no happiness in my heart and my physical body is in pain all the time. I have figured out how to do the deed and I now need to find a reason not to do it. Does anyone have a good reason for me? I feel so stupid even asking because no one can really do anything for me. You don't know me. I am one of millions.

Nope. I don't have a good reason either, but I'm still here. Every day I'm here is a day longer than most would have survived, that is the only motivation I have.

Old_Man_Kensey

asking for a reason not to do it is the best proof that deep inside u really want to live...Wanting to live is the best reason i can think for not doing anything stupid.....Chill friend....Life can get fucked up sometimes and stay like that for a very long time...I m new here and i don't know anyone.PM me if u like...I m such a unique person that knowing me is just another reason to hold on....:wink:
Stay here!We need good people like u

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Why do you not have any family? Do you not have any friends or anyone that cares about you to help you?

I am shocked that I have 4 responses. To those who asked---
I am 55 years old. No, I am not terminal. Most of my family is dead and I never had children. And to the gentleman who said that I can PM him..maybe I would if I knew what that meant. That is pretty pathetic in itself.

ace

Sorry to hear about how you're travelling and it's not pathetic about not knowing what PMing means,you just click on the persons name and you will see send Private message to and then you click that and progress.If you like you can send me a PM also I'm always here for you to.

TheBLA

Its alright Tired and Alone, I am 19 years old and don't know many things that so many my age and younger know. Did you know that I don't even know how to play any card games like poker, whereas everyone else I know does and they laugh at me for it for example. I dont know how to put on a tie for example as well. I feel so pathetic not knowing many basic things that so many others know, so its alright.

Yes, PMing means to private message, if you wish to private message someone, when you see the person's username, just click on it and you will see several options, one of them being "Send a private message to XXXX" and click that and you will be send to a place where you can write the message and send it.

Forgotten_Man

Hmmm.... no I cannot give you a reason to live myself. I was watching an anime a while back. And there was this little girl who was in a rich family. And no matter how hard she tried she could not please her mothers. So one night she tried to kill herself, keep in mind she was like 8 at the time. And another little girl saved her. And this little girl said "Why would you want to die? What about your future happiness?"

Personally I think it was valid at the time. The girl who tried to kill herself had not lived for very long. But for someone my age, I am 21, who has never experienced happiness I do not think it is possible for me to do so. The only reason I am alive is because I am scared to die. I have always embraced my fears, fear of the dark, fear of roller coasters, fear of females. I guess I am just embracing this fear of death.

So why should you live? You have to decide, if you have nothing try and find something. Something small, like a fish or a cat or video games. Just find something that relieves the feeling of hopelessness and you may find a reason to live.

TheBLA

But finding something small to occupy the time only distracts you from the pain momentarily, just like drugs and alcohol. He needs a more long term effective solution. Like with me, I love videogames and computers to death for example. But I don't think I can just absorb myself into those things for the rest of my life, and retreat away from everything. I would like to and then hopefully have a chance to reincarnate and start life over again normally. I sound so whiny and pathetic.

I myself don't know why I should live. I mean, I want to live, I am afraid of death, but I'm such a loser, everyone else is superior to me in just about every way, I don't have what it takes to survive in this world. I just keep repeating this same crap over and over again here. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no happiness in my heart and my physical body is in pain all the time.
that is your reason not to do it.
you need to find happiness in your heart, thats your mission, once you find that in whatever form it may be you will be thankful you are alive.
i dont know why your in physical pain so it would be wrong of me to really comment on that aspect, but surely most pain can be cured through some means.

find a hobby that you enjoy to occupy your time and lift your spirits.
the answers are all in front of you, you just need to pick the good from the bad.

TheBLA

everyone is equal, you should never put yourself down. you may be different to others and have a different view on life, that does not make you inferior.
thats my view anyway.
I like your view and wish more people had it.
Unfortunately, in our society at least, its a lot like a contest, who ever has the most trophies, friends, possessions, etc.

I like your view and wish more people had it.
Unfortunately, in our society at least, its a lot like a contest, who ever has the most trophies, friends, possessions, etc.
i agree with that also, hence why i dispise society, i live life my way and fuck what anyone thinks, its not a competition so you shouldnt treat it that way, if its friends that put you down, get new ones, there are plenty people out there like us who dont judge on anything. those are people i would call friends and they are always there when you need them.

Dan

Account Closed
Chronic physical pain can wear a person down. It can take a lot off effort to deal with the world in that case as it encroaches on every aspect of your life. Have you sought treatment for your physical pain? If so how effective was it? Have you been diagnosed with any psychological problems (depression etc.)?

Dear Tired and alone,
i was thinking about you and i can imagine your pain...But is there any chance u keep saying to yourself "i am too old, i have to give up"?
You can still change your life to the better...There are many lonely souls out there...I can t believe that u can t meet a woman that would like u and communicate with u...Someone in your job?someone u can go out for a drink in a quiet bar...U can reorganise ur interests and hobbies in such a way that u get to know more people...There must be sth...You have had ur share of pain and loneliness, now it's time to live a more pleasant life.I don't know much about u but i m sure there s a way out.:wink:

Since you asked. I have fibromyalgia and yes, depression does go along with it. I have tried many medications which either do nothing or give me worse side effects. The only thing that is working right now are narcotics. They help with the pain but they make me tired and if you know anything about fibromyalgia, being very tired is one of the main symptoms. I have been reluctant in the past to tell anyone in the medical field how miserable I am because I myself work in the medical field.

Someone else wondered if I dwell on being old. The answer to that is that I am not sure. Age has never bothered me. Someone told me that since I look much younger than I am that I really have it made. So what. Looking younger can also work against you. Yes, I have a hobby. I sculpt. I feel that if I could get my life in order I could actually make a living doing nothing but sculpting. I feel as if I am on a merry-go-round and I can't get off.

Its alright Tired and Alone, I am 19 years old and don't know many things that so many my age and younger know. Did you know that I don't even know how to play any card games like poker, whereas everyone else I know does and they laugh at me for it for example. I dont know how to put on a tie for example as well. I feel so pathetic not knowing many basic things that so many others know, so its alright.
\
hahah i cant put a tie on or play poker either, 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00