Can you help me?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by running scared, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. running scared

running scared New Member

How do I tell my therapist exactly what's wrong? It's a pretty embarrassing predicament that I am in, and I caused the pain that I have. I'm scared that what I say to her may offend her. How exactly do I tell her? This is one of the hardest things that I will have to go through. I've written half of my story down, but the rest makes me too scared to write.

How do I tell her that I think that I am suicidal, and have considered doing it? Will she call the police or take me to a mental hospital?

I have no one else to talk to. My friends and family are sick of me complaining, and this is probably my last option when it comes to me getting better.

Since I haven't really told my therapist what is wrong with me, I have been very vague with telling her what's wrong; she told me to just try and exercise.

I want help, but I just can't exercise, because I have no hope left in me. I actually don't want to go to the therapist, but I also don't want to die.

I'm suicidal, but I don't actually want to die.

Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in a little black box that can't be opened, cracked, or even moved from the wicked spot it lays in.

Thank you and have a great day.
  2. Junesong

Junesong Member

Hi! It may be a little daunting to explain your problems to someone, especially if you feel they're embarrassing, but it's really the only way to helping yourself.

I doubt she'll call the police, but whatever course of action she chooses to take it should definitely be with your best interest in mind. Though I'm sure people here with more experience will be able to elaborate on that. While it's hard for you it'll start to get easier as you start to open up, remember she can't do her job properly unless you give her the full picture.

I hope you find the courage to do this, being able to be open about how you feel to at least one person will be a huge step towards feeling better.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

even if you hand her the half written paper she will then get a picture of some of your sadness. Do you know that therpaist have heard it all they have and they are trained to deal with it. She will only do what is best for you. You may need to get new meds a new type of approach to your therapy She will only put you in hospital if she feels you are immediate danger. You have to trust someone trust her okay trust is very important in healing. Open up a bit more here it helps we are strangers but we donot judge anyone we understand.
    by posting others who have suffered will relate and you will help them see they are not alone take care okay Do talk to your therapist about everything you will find it helps to get it out in the open hugs
  4. running scared

running scared New Member

Junesong- Yes it will be difficult to pour your heart out to a stranger. The sad thing is that I know that she can't help me unless she knows what's wrong with me, however I can't do it. I still find it difficult. I have 12 days to figure out how I'm going to tell her what's wrong with me without loosing nerve. Thank you for the support, and care.

total eclipse- I feel like no one has ever done what I've done before. Mine is stupid, scary, and strange. i'm going to try and tell her everything. I want to tell her what happened from the beginning to the end just so everything can be out in the open.. however difficult it may be. I'm going to ask her to put me on meds. Thank you so much and you take care too. *hug*
  5. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

i am sooooo very suicidal, and i don't want to live, but i don't want to die...
    i told mine that, and she's cool with it...she didn't call the police, but that's prolly cuz i fantasize, and i don't have concrete plans yet...but, the fact that you don't want to die should help you...i think you will be okay

but, it sounds like your problem is being able to talk to her?
    when i first started therapy, i couldn't i wrote everything down (i actually typed it and printed it out)...and then, i took it in with me, handed it over to her, and that's how i told her what was wrong with me...she read it while i was there, and then asked me about parts of worked really well...and, an advantage is that it's sometimes difficult to articulate things the way you if you write it beforehand you will have time to accurately express your thoughts, rather than saying something you don't mean and causing a problem...the other advantage, for me at least, was that writing things out made me feel when i was having a moment of weakness (i was always really bad, but some moments were worse), i would just write to my therapist and explain everything...and then i would feel better!...and then i'd print that out and take it with me...

so i would highly suggest writing it's easier to tell ppl things this way...

good luck!
    let us know what happens...
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I know you feel your story she has not heard but i bet she has and she has You are unique you circumstances but with her education she will see you through it I have dones som bad things in my eyes but in my therapist eyes they weren't We perceive ourselves in a different way. It will be good for you to see how others see you take care.:hugtackles::hugtackles:
  7. Junesong

Junesong Member

I don't know how your therapy works, but to expand on other responses, if you have the time and/or expense perhaps you could break it up. After writing it down try to segment it into small pieces and work through it at your own pace. Even if you do this in one session doing it a little at a time could help build your confidence as your therapist responds in kind.

As mentioned before, that you don't actually want to die but feel there is little left is a big help. You've still got the strength to get through this if you are willing to try.

Please let us know how it goes for you, and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask! :)
  8. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

You should absolutely tell your therapist about feeling suicidal. You will be asked if you have a plan, what method and instruments you have and how serious is your intent on carrying out your plan. Because you are only thinking of suicide you will get very serious attention and treatment but you will not be taken away by the police.

Get everything off of your chest and try not to worry about embarrassment. This is causing you too much distress to not work through it with a person who's job is to "see and hear it all".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.