• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Can you rely on people?

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I guess it depends on how you define "relying on other people".

I am very fortunate to have a few lifelong friends whom I could call at 4am in any kind of emergency and they'd be there, no questions asked, and vice versa.
Yeah, I’m not entirely sure what I mean either I guess.
Like I do trust my husband. I know he’ll be honest, I know he’ll have my back, I trust his judgment. But I’m not sure how much I can let go, be completely vulnerable. Like @Freya I’m always aware that a person could go away and then if I leaned too much on them I’ll fall.
I have some good friends, and with at least a few of them it’s hard to imagine they wouldn’t help with something if I asked. But, I don’t know how to ask, or when to. It always feels like it would be too much.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
sorry to be the one to disagree. i think it's ok to lean on a spouse or partner in a time of weakness. if we are having a very vulnerable time it's ok to kind of let go some. but it should be only temporary of course and not long term. i agree that long term could be counter-productive...mike

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00