can you share your personal experience?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Itiswhatitis, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itiswhatitis

Itiswhatitis Active Member

Can you share your personal experience with calling a suicide hotline? What did you expect when you called? Did it help? Were they nice? Judging? Are you glad that you called? Did anything come out of it?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

when calling a crisis line i expected to just have someone listen that cared and sometimes i do get someone that understands and that will calm me some get me to see what it is actually i want and i don't want they were very kind the last time i called and said to call back anytime if i needed help I have not called back since but at least i know that um they did not judge me

3. Soldier83

Soldier83 Well-Known Member

I really needed someone to talk to the other day, so I called. It was awkward, to say the least. I didn't know how to say what I was feeling or why I was feeling that way, so I ended up hanging up. The person called me back, but I didn't answer. They left a message asking why we lost connection. Tho I wasn't able to speak my feeling thru the phone he was very nice.

4. Itiswhatitis

Itiswhatitis Active Member

I really appreciate your input, thank you for sharing. It's a very daunting thing for me. I want to call for help, but am afraid the cops will just show up to commit me. I just want someone to talk to.

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i've had good experiences, mostly. their's only been the odd time where i've got someone who is completely rude- and after a while cuts me off.. because "we need to speak to someone else" which i suppose makes sense in a way, but still..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.