Can you still laugh?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Random, Mar 23, 2008.

Do you still laugh?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
  2. No

5 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't know if this belongs here but it seems OK. I was just thinking that in my opinion, as long as I can still laugh (at myself or whatever), I'm still not in too bad a predicament.

Odd as it is, I've never had a problem laughing. Genuinely. Maybe I laugh too much. I probably think some things are funny that aren't. But it keeps me from getting too dark. Life would be almost unbearable without the occasional laugh.
  2. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

I don't know what I'd do if I still couldn't laugh occasionally!
  3. Forsaken Heretic

Forsaken Heretic Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem laughing, guess that means I'm not that bad off. No matter how bad a day I am having, someone can always make me smile or laugh.
  4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Ehhhh...what bothers me, though, is that sometimes I laugh for no reason :wink:

BOLIAO Guest

i've not laughed nor smiled for many many months, I used to be a talkative person but I don't talk much anymore and can go on for a day without uttering a word.
  6. trux

trux Well-Known Member

Whenever someone start talking seriously to me, or when I get into a "fight", I can't help but laugh for no reason. The mere fact that people come and begin talking about a serious issue makes me laugh, and the worst is I can't control myself. I mean, I don't want to laugh, I don't even feel the need to, but I laugh. And when some guy tells me his grandmother just died and I just keep smiling at him, that's just plain embarrassing.
    oh well, I know I'm weird
  7. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I still laugh. I love funny people. :p
  8. thegrey

thegrey Member

Haha I used to be able to laugh without reason even if I'm down. But now it's just completely...I just can't really laugh. But a few days ago I went out with friends that I like and miss a lot and I was able to laugh, even though I still feel a tinge of sadness when I laugh :/
    Yes laughter does make you feel better but I think it's not good to laugh all of a sudden much. Think eh it probably will drive your ownself crazy soon? I'm not sure xD
  9. funktionsleiche

funktionsleiche Staff Alumni

I chose no.

Somethimes i still laugh, but that becomes part of my it is not honest and just a part of the role play which is called my life.
  10. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

yep. even at my deepest depression i was still laughing. the psych nurse said "this is a serious situation, do you always make jokes" and the psych yelled at me "do you think this is a joke?" .... but what can i do?

for instance, the psych ward is called "GF" here in ireland, it's the usual letter combos for the ward... it's "GF" for ground floor... my brother in law said that's cos if you jump out the window you don't have far to go. i thought that was hilarious. still do

depression can steal everything else from me but it won't take my sense of humour.

11. thegrey

thegrey Member

lol I like what you said. It's pretty true. I hope we can all laugh heartily soon!
  12. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I can still laugh, yeh. That's no problem. The dilemma is I've forgotten how to cry.

Anyway, I like checking out old episodes of SCTV, Monty Python, and Benny Hill on YouTube. Check em out!
  13. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

when Im in chat I do sometimes give little laughs but a genuine, heartfelt laugh where I was laughin on the inside too? Not a chance anymore
  14. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree with dazzle. "Depression can steal everything else from me but it won't take my sense of humor." I am very depressed but can still get a good laugh. Besides, I grew up in a house of jokes and laughing, so it's second nature to me to enjoy jokes and word plays and such.
  15. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

If I stopped laughing I would already be dead. Hell, death is probably the only way I'd stop laughing. Chances are I will find something to laugh about even when I'm killing myself.
  16. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

bleach, i totally agree with you... i'm gonna go out the same way! laughing....
  17. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

i was going to say 'no' and then dazzle's post made me laugh. lol.
  18. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I can still laugh, but it's becoming harder and harder... also, while I still genuinely laugh, I usually am not happy when I do so, anyway... isn't that odd that you can genuinely laugh, despite you being so empty inside?
  19. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

I still laugh at stuff......Like that super kawaii panda in your avatar x3

and Forsaken Heretic's avatar too XD

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  20. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I still can laugh, tho not sure it's genuine. Maybe just hysterical laughter... not on solid ground right now so not sure how to answer...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.