Can you stop being suicidal or do you just learn to live with it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

I think you just learn to live with it. I've been suicidal for years.

What do YOU think?
  2. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

depends on your reasons, if you are like me probably not

but if you are healthy and don't look like the elephant man I don't see why not
  3. 1victor

1victor Well-Known Member

If tons of money cannot solve your problem than you have to learn to live with it.
  4. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

I've been suicidal since I learned what the word meant. I've been very well to do at times and broke others. Money only seems to play a part of stress in my case. over the years I have learned coping skills. I'm still
  5. LivingOn

LivingOn Well-Known Member

While I'm quite used to coping with SI (suicidal ideation), I'll never really be used to it.
  6. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I've been suicidal for about 6 months and it hasn't stopped, but I know that it does stop for most people, but they'd probably have to start making changes for it to stop though.
  7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I think suffering from suicidal thoughts is similar to being an alcoholic. You can take the "steps" or learn ways to stop harming yourself with the addiction, like AA. But you will always be a recoving alcoholic. And the same applies to suicide and thoughts and urges of, you will always be recovering. It depends on how hard you are willing to work at keeping it actively out of your life.
  8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

It's always in the back of my mind, but I find it's harder to pull off.
  9. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Depends I guess, as for my I doubt I'll ever stop being suicidal and I'll doubt i will learn to live with it. Kinda my thinking that its in my future to die through suicide dont know why though.
  10. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I believe you can get over it, you just have to change what's making you this way. Sure, it will take time, it will take effort. At the end of the day though, it's you that has to decide whether or not it's worth to put in the time and effort to get better from this. To recover from it. Nobody can just pull you out of it if you're not going to do any work yourself.
  11. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I'm sure you can overcome it, depression and be happy. The thing is you have to want it. When you're depressed, the disease makes you a way you're not really. Just give yourself time. One day things change, with help, 2 attempts and in serious remission. It does happen.
  12. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

i think you can with help from others...but if nobody help & the years goes by, you can cope with it like i do right now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.