Can you type blindly (with ten fingers)?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Sapphire, Jul 7, 2010.

?

Can you type blindly using ten fingers?

1. Yes

80.8%
  2. No

19.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I've started learning this. haha It seems kinda tricky but I think I'll get it down. :)

Also, if you can do this...how difficult was it for you to learn?

2. Sapphire

3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

you mean touchtyping without looking at the keyboard? I can do about 100 words a minute touchtyping and to be honest all it is, is practise so yeah given time easy peasy

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

also you only have 8 fingers!!

5. Sapphire

Well most people have thumbs... lol

6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Yes I can, but not on this cellphone keyboard lol

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I can type blindly in either the QWERTY or Dvorak layout, at about the same speed (the laptop keyboard I use is the limiting factor on account of my big hands; I prefer Dvorak because it's better on my wrist.)

8. Sapphire

How many characters per minute? :) I saw that you have to have 130 cpm if you want to pass an exam for a course to become an officially licenced administrative worker in Holland.

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I think you might mean WPM - a good typist can do over 500 CPM. I'm stuck at about 80WPM/400CPM (for long periods) with near-perfect accuracy. I suspect it would increase significantly if I were using a large desktop keyboard instead of a small laptop keyboard, and a fair amount if I practiced.

10. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

80 WPM if you mean touch typing and its about 80% accuracy.

And blind? I havent needed to look at the keyboard for years now if thats what you mean, on a qwerty keyboard

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yup I can, I learned when I was really young. I don't know how many words per minute I can type but I know I'm way faster on my desktop keyboard than I am on this Netbook.

12. Kaos General

I was waiting, just waiting for you to reply to this thread :lol!:

13. WildCherry

Lol I almost said no just to screw with people but then changed my mind. :p

14. Sapphire

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember you saying a while ago that you are visually impaired?

15. WildCherry

Yeah you're right, I am. Which is why I almost decided to have some fun with this post. :p

16. Sapphire

I knew someone at this job I had once who was also visually impaired. He had this large magnifying screen in front of his computer. Do you also have that? Also, have you been visually impaired all your life?

17. WildCherry

Nope, I don't use a magnifier. I used the term visually impaired when I should actually say blind, because the only things I can see are light and some shadows if they're right in front of me. So even with a magnifier, I wouldn't be able to see the screen. And yup, I was born blind.

18. Sapphire

I just did this typing test on the internet and using four fingers, I've got 41WPM... lol :shy:

19. Kaos General

I was expecting you to say noooo i cant do it :lol!:

20. WildCherry

Lol I almost did, my initial response was "Nope, I can't type without looking first." But I didn't post it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.