Can you watch something without forming an opinon?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Axiom, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I find it hard. Im constantly forming opinons, even when im reading, instead of breathing it in. Accepting it for truth and what is. It's nice when I can.. when I don't form an opinon in my head as im viewing it, i find i see my real opinons on things instead of the manufactured opinons in my head.
    Might be a weird question, i see it connected to everything in life, and that im shutting out everything by not giving anything a chance. I can define something with my own facts and stances on living, iinstead of sharing it's exsistance with my own. Maybe it's a sign of being inadequete and not able to handle the outside anymore. Maybe Im just afraid of getting lost. I donno.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Only sports, because I don't care.
  3. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I'm like that too. It's good to be that way.
  4. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Anyone who says he can is lying, is wrong, or has an unhealthy amount of apathy. Then again, there are often minor things which people don't care about. (Team A won team B in some sports game? Some guy in USA ate more sausages than another? A woman knitted for her cat? Grand.)
  5. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Well I dont particularly like being called a liar or being told I have an unhealthy depth of apathy. Perhaps there is another possibility your definition didnt include?

Yar I agree it is a good thing, but it can be a bad thing if it's constant and overloading. Sometimes for me it is the opinon of an event, but then ill go further and look at othere views of that event which spawns other opinons, and ontop of that, I create opinons of my own opinons. It kinda gets so clustered I find im spending more time away from the event in question and more on the opinons.

What I mean though about experiencing something without forming an opinon, i mean it where you accept the event for what it is. Letting it express itself and sharing those moments of expression instead of defining those moments <-- This, I find is very hard to even identify an event like because of the lies and manipulation that encompasses almost everything in society.

Sometimes when I find something that I can share a moment with, it's almost like a moment of awe and connection with life itself. For example a sunset or sunrise. The wind brushing against your face. The feeling of your partners skin as you guide your hand across its surface. A thought that is free of the walls and chains that are personal to yourself.
    Im extremely bad at getting my point across sorry if it doesnt make any sense to you. Sometimes I find really freeing moments, but even those now, I feel the need to form opinons of, instead of waiting and letting the moment present itself and live before i define it.

I spose, maybe like krems statment. Defined before it had a chance to express it's entirety. I do that alot with things.

Perhaps it's a matter of finding a balance, but when is it acceptable to define an experience? I wish all experiences had to opportunity to express themselves fully, but if all had this option we'd probably not get as much done. Maybe this lifes just to busy for me. Or perhaps societies just to fast
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.