??? Can your parents use the pc for any reason?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by WhyMeWhy, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Sure, my dad lives in the age of time we are all in... tell tale technology is just as much as for for him as it is for me. :yes:
    Then there's mom. Who threatens the internet with a lit cigarrette whenever she is online gambling. It's the only get on you've her thing that the age of the worldwideweb is good for nothing.

Anyone have any funny ways or things that you're parents do online?
  2. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

My mother types very well, but if a warning comes up she panics, and doesn't even bother to read it before she calls me or my sister. Of course, if she calls my step-dad, they spend fifteen minutes wondering what it is before coming to the same conclusion myself or my sibling would have done in about fifteen seconds.

My step-dad is just as bad as she is, only convinced that everything he does is right and he types so slowly that it's painful to watch.
  3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

whenever the phone rings in the evening I always think it's going to be my mum.

"Love!! Help me love... can you tell me why this happens? Can you test it for me? What do I do love? I clicked the red X in the corner but the little green icon is still there... love, can you help me, love? I don't know what to do, will you come up my house, love?"

I'm her techy. She also messages me on MSN and sometimes I end up blocking her because she just goes on and on and on... but of course, I take the block off later, or in a few days, depending. Any single little thing she asks me about, from MSN messenger to Yahoo (even though I don't use it anymore) to websites to Vista to just about bloody everything computer related.

Le sigh. She's too scared to investigate or click things herself, incase she "breaks" the computer, and when that happens, her boyfriend has a go at her, so I can't say I blame her being hesitant. It gets tiring though.

As for my dad, he has no clue how to use computers. Probably doesn't even know how to switch one on.
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

My Mum can do things online but she gets quite panicky when things go wrong and I usually end up fixing it for her

My Dad wouldn't even know how to turn it on :laugh:
  5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I'm just very thankful my parents lack computer literacy! I'd freak out enough with all this shit I look at...eg.SF.
    though my mum is a great touch typer *jealous*
  6. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

haha my mom is the slowest typer in the world, she freaks when her computer is slow and whenever i'm on it she's like "samy, when you have some time, there are some things on the internet that i'd like you to show me how to do..." it's so cute

My dad, he won't even go near a computer!!! it's wicked :laugh:
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

yep my mom uses it to shop online lol, my dad cant even turn on a computer hehe:biggrin:
  8. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yeah, my dad is a computer programmer, and my mom does something with data. So that would be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig yes. :laugh:
  9. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

:laugh: I love this thread, I just dread to think what my kids would say about me!!!! :tongue:
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

My mom is computer illiterate lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.