Canada Post Strike

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Mr Stewart, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I pay for an item to be shipped. Canada posts accepts the item and payment, two days later goes on strike. Now I've got a parcel held hostage and $11 paid for them to keep it indefinitely in some warehouse out of reach until they get their extra annual vacation day or whatever it is.

You'd think the standard operation for postal service strike would involve stopping acceptance of new mail, but still delivery existing mail already in their system. That would make sense. But no. Motherfuckers. :grr:
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

hope strike gets settle soon hun sucks to have mail held up especially if you have paid for it already hugs
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Well that just sucks! :mad:
  4. Mr Stewart

5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

In the UK, during any strike - there is no extra fee as the item is simply stored until the strike is over and the backlog cleared.

And bear in mind you might be on strike one day which will inconvenience some but striking is a right which only a slave cannot have.

I'd grin and bear it - but maybe look into sending the item back or refusing to pay and contacting the seller. Depends who sold you it - some might compensate for the loss as it is up to businesses to make sure the post is working before they post it off.

Amazon and the like make alternative arrangements - but Royal Mail is usually the most reliable service.
  6. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Hope they sort it out soon and the package isn't super important :S
  7. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

was the package for me!!! cookies perhaps?? but really I kow what you mean i got lucky tho as I ordered something online just before the strike and lucky got one day before they went on strike. I think the government is going to order them back to work soon tho , so maybe you won't have to wait to long.
  8. Mr Stewart

It's a coffee maker. I was having a bad day when I posted this. I don't know why this, the least of my worries at the time, caused me to lose it.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in folks. :smile: I heard about the government stepping in to end the lockout too. But then I also had a look at what the postal workers are mad about. Hopefully they'll come out of this somewhat happy, their complaints are valid.