Canadian seeking 'helplines'

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TurtlesInTrees, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I'm new to the whole "reaching out for help" thing. I've come to a point where I need someone to talk to about my "issues". I am not interested in meeting with someone face to face, and would rather use a helpline number. Problem is I don't know what number I should use. All of the numbers that I have found (1-800-SUICIDE, 1-800-273-TALK, etc.) are US based numbers but I live in Ontario, Canada. Is it ok to use these numbers or is there a Canadian helpline? And also I am too old to use the Kids Help line.

    Thank you in advance to all those who respond.
  2. Chargette

    Chargette Well-Known Member

    I'm in the US so I don't know about helplines for Canada. Please keep coming here, even when you find a helpline. Every bit of help is a good thing. Welcome. :)
  3. Dinosaur

    Dinosaur Active Member

  4. WildCherry

    WildCherry ADMIN

    I hope you're able to find a help line, but I also hope you'll continue to post here.
  5. Thank you everyone. Special thanks to DeathNote (anime?), I found what I was looking for. I might sign up and post here, like WildCherry suggested.

    Thanks again.
  6. where were you

    where were you New Member & Antiquities Friend

  7. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Crisis line in Ontario 1-800-742-1890 toll free number
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.