cancer?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Feb 16, 2014.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where to write this, but today I realized I have a bruise on my breast. I showed it to my mom who was a bit worried but I was like, nah it's nothing. I'll look it up on the net....welll now it says that it's a sign of cancer O.O...I'm speechless and I don't know what to do...I see my doc on the 24th (in two mondays) but I don't know if I should see a doc right away or I can wait a week...

cancer? I'm just stunned...I don't want to tell anyone of that possibility because that would scare my mom and family to bits...especially that my grand mom, had breast cancer...She had part of her breast removed because of it...well back in those days it wasn't as high tech as it is now...

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Morning Rush. I'm sorry to hear you have found a bruise in an unexpected spot. We can bump into things and bruise without realizing it - at least it's happened to me. "Gee, how did I do that?!" But anything that worries us, we can have it checked to make sure.

Since you are finding it worrisome and stressful, perhaps see your doctor about it sooner rather than later. If it's nothing, no problem. If it's something, you're taking care of it right away, which is always good.

Please take care of yourself. :arms:

3. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

morning rush, I'm sorry you are worried about this possibility; that sounds really overwhelming and extremely stressful. While the Internet is a helpful tool in researching things, I will caution you to take what you read with a grain of salt. There is so much information and misinformation floating around that it can be easy to scare yourself silly. Yes, it could be something serious. Be sure to weigh in your general health as of late, and when you were last checked out.

I am not a doctor. Unless you are having or develop other symptoms I would think waiting until your appointment would be alright. I would definitely keep an eye on it, paying attention to tenderness and change in size/shape, as well as any other ailments you're experiencing. Then you will have a bunch of information to share with the doctor when you go.

I'll bet this is really scary for you, but there is no need to panic until you know exactly what is going on. Hang in there; I'm sending good vibes to you!

4. morning rush

thanks for trying to cheer me up...like I said, I have an apt on the 24th so I will talk to my doc about it then...

5. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

Hi morning rush,
    If you are worried and think that your internet findings have validity then maybe you should consider getting ahold of your doctor earlier? For some cancers, a few weeks can be the difference between stage 1 and stage 2. I don’t mean to scare you with that...but I think it’s always best to be safe when it comes to signs of cancer. Esp. if you have a family history of it.

Again, I’m sorry if I’m worrying you. It’s true that the internet is the best place to go if you want to convince yourself that any little symptom is a sign you have cancer lol...
    But it does happen, and it can happen to us.

I wish you the best. If you decide to wait I’de keep an eye on the bruise, and perhaps check your breasts for any other abnormalities if you haven’t already.

But I’m sure I’m just being dramatic :) :hug:

6. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

It's probably just that...a harmless bruise. Back a few years ago I found a rock solid lump in my breast and had to go in for a scan, it turned out to be nothing serious.

7. morning rush

even if I tried to see my doc earlier she doesn't have space and doesn't do emergencies so...

the bruise is no longer there so maybe it was just a normal one...still I will talk to my doc this monday about it and have a scan done...better be safe than sorry..thanks for responding to my thread...it did help me a lot :) I don't feel so alone