Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by anonymous51, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Anyone else a smoker? Ive been smoking green for about a yesr and a bit and i really think it helps. for most of my life in high school i was the loner in the corner of the classroom who didnt know how to make a conversation with people . And because i couldnt express myself well through words everyone thought i was a fucking dumbass. When i started smoking I actually started to make friends and felt comfertable going out to parties. Most people think that "doing pot" just turns you and idiot and a criminal but i see it as a very social drug. Anyone else agree?
  2. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Yes, cannabis is a social drug and I hate the stigma around it. It's awesome. I'd MUCH rather smoke cannabis than cigarettes. It's a lot more beneficial. :wink:
  3. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Actually, there was a recent msn article that said cannabis actually "preserves" brain cells, just not in the smoking form (it metabolizes differently). When consumed in a different form, it actually helps. Even though it is an illegal drug, it the opposite of harmless. Unless abused of course.
  4. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I think pot is a tremendous social drug.. I smoked it on and off for about 15 years.. I would definetly argue it being a beneficial drug in all cases.. sure it may help some people with legitimate reasons to take it and for the casual user but to the person who has become a habitual user it can really affect memory and increase psychotic episodes.. wial I think it is much more healthy to take than chemical based illegal drugs.. cannabis is much more harmful than a cigarette and will increase your desire for alcohol consumption.. I no longer smoke it
  5. poison

poison Well-Known Member

6. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Yeah i heard that ive you cook with it there isnt any bad things going into your system. Never tried it myself though.
  7. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

In my youth I had lots of fun with it and thought - still think - that the restrictions/illegalities were nonsense. I sometimes use it for anxiety and depression - short term solution - and wish the US would join so many other countries that have decriminalized it. In my opinion alcohol and tobacco are far worse substances. I won't condone or condemn it as it's a matter of personal choice, but think our laws are quite ridiculous and antiquated.

just my opinion...

...not to mention the great possibilities for the use of hemp: oil, paper, fabric, etc - of course the lumber/paper companies won't let that happen... they''d rather cut down every tree in the country just for profit!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  8. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I am just wondering, many of you guys say that cannabis is not as bad as alcohol or cigarrettes, what premise do you make this assumption, is there scientific proof that you can use to back this up?
  9. theleastofthese

No, just my thoughts on the matter based on many friends over the years - some of whom smoked the weed, others turned to John Barleycorn and his lesser brothers. Of all those, the weed smokers had the fewest problems - family, work, legal. No scientific evidence, no studies, just personal conjecture.

10. Folks have been looking for 'scientific proof' for one thing or another for years with no final solid determination. Depends on the camp you're onside with I suppose. I agree with Least - I am positively and most sorrowfully addicted to other substances (popularly accepted) than to the recreational and soothing THC. I lost my stash somewhere when I moved, but haven't had any ill effects for lack of it. I just miss how it calms me and slows my brain down in general (in a good way). Can't say the same about my other addictions. They've (contrarily) got me by the short n' curlies...

Any substance can be abused, but I find pot on the whole to be the lesser of all evils - at least in my life. It helped me more in my life duirng a very rough time than the other "helpers" did - justMHO and experience

11. Swamp Horn

Swamp Horn Member

I dunno, Nick Drake sang a song called Been smokin too long that i think sums it up nicely in my case.
  12. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Well obviously like all drugs (including medicine and caffeine) if overused it can be damaging. But most drugs, if used properly and in moderation can be pretty much harmless. I mean look at rastafarians they smoke and most live long, healthy lives
  13. paranoia13

paranoia13 Member

Not only do they live long but the REFUSE medical care, Bob Marley lived with cancer in his Brain, Lungs, Stomach, and Liver for FOUR YEARS, refusing medical help for most of the time and continuing concerts.

Oh, and the cancer started on his foot from a football accident....not from smoking.
  14. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

Just thought some of you would like to give your opinion and take the pole over thier....I know how easy it can be to be a pot smoker....but I do know for me, its not now or ever will be a gateway drug to hard core does help with depression...
  15. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

There is nothing at all wrong with Pot. Except for the fact that it is illegal.

And the Nazis hate Pot. They hate happy people. They hate people who think for themselves.
  16. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

There must be some reason we dont know about thats making the government from legalising it because most scientific tests that are made come up with cannabis being safe. I mean how could they be so stupid to waste taxes money to enforce a law that was only made to prohibit the use of hemp so the cotton companies got all the wealth.

btw jodi those were some really interesting facts you posted on that other forum. Did u write it out urself or was it a copy n paste job?
  17. Caffeine, alcohol and tobacco are all completely legal. All three substances are chemically addictive.

Marijuana is illegal. It is not chemically addictive.

It is as if the government is saying that it is okay for you to play with dynamite but you can't have firecrackers.
  18. theleastofthese

19. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

over here it isn't illegal to have Marijuana. You can buy hash and weed in so-called "Coffeeshops" you can carry up to a certain amount of these softdrugs with you , and it's still legal.It's only legal if you buy it in Coffeeshops though. What IS illegal is for coffeeshops to buy hash and weed and such :dry:

so it IS illegal for coffeeshops to get their supply but it isn't illegal to hold it with them and to sell it to customers :dry: that's where the odd thing is in Dutch law if it comes to drugs.
  20. Wow, I want to come to Holland !!

Also I am a fan of many pro kickboxers who are Dutch... Rob Kaman, Ramon Dekkers, Semmy Schilts, Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts, Remy Bonjasky, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.