Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LoD, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoD

LoD Well-Known Member

Well, I'm addicted to weed. I'm 20 years old, Dutch and addicted. I've been keeping count of the joints I smoke, in a notebook. Of course, I've forgotten to write one down here and there, but most I'd write down. I've come to a total of 60 joints in 20 days. Now, this doesn't seem extreme. But, if you consider that this is the amount I've remembered. There are more. I've added 5 yesterday.

This amount is also just the amount I have smoked, so if I smoked 3 joints with 3 people, I'd only write one down... Mostly I smoke with 3 - 4 others, if you work that out, you'd end up around 200 joints in 20 days. I can't even bear to calculate how much money that is. =/ Though I already have once calculated how much I smoked in just 1 kind of weed, which name is Mystic. This accumulated to just about... 2,000 euro's, in a period of.. maybe half a year, or a bit longer.

There are over 30 kinds of weeds to pick from and I haven't cut down as of yet. =/

I'm not sure as to what I should say more.. All that is left is to ask for advice, I guess. Is this a ridiculous amount, or is this not as spectacular as I think it is?
  2. undead66

undead66 Guest

I have no idea of what to tell you. All I know is that because of my bipolar type II, I get really sad -- and smoking seems to make me feel sooo much better. But I worry exactly the same as you.

If you are using so much, maybe a vaporizer is better, eh?

Or maybe if you think it's a lot, it'd be good to just detox (totally quit, go into withdrawl), and then, start smoking again but way less. :tongue:

I'm probably doing that soon. Quitting completely, for the time being. I'm just doing too much and getting too dumb. But we'll see. It's just hard for me to face depression without it. With it, life is easier.
  3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

The amount you're consuming does seem a bit much. Can you cut down some? Say, only one joint per day? I'm one of those who believe that marijuana has an undeserved bad rep, but smoking as much as you are is not good either, in my opinion. Yes, I think it's helpful for short term relief of depression and anxiety, but not in such huge doses. Perhaps you could cut down gradually, to lessen any feelings of withdrawal.

Good luck to you.

4. Lonz

Lonz Active Member

My friend who died may have caused herself to relapse with weed. She felt it regulated her bi-polar disorder but I think that's an urban myth! The only people who need to self-medicate are Third World peoples with no access to medical care!

My friend heard voices. She was bi-polar and schizophrenic, also. Or, maybe they call that combination schizo-affective. Whatever, it's common sense: a drug which is mildly hallucinogenic is going to make audio hallucinations worse.
    Plus, they say a part of the brain THC goes to is undeveloped in teens and schizophrenics. What a good way to ruin your mind.

And, I hear pot leads to higher rates of depression in women.

Laugh if you want. I may sound as if I watched the old scare movie, "Reefer Madness". But, I think the evidence is in, as they say. Pot and mental illness are a bad combination.

I met a woman who uses many illegal drugs. Yet, she worries that having her child immunized by the doctor might lead to autism and other bad things. She is a statistical fool!!!!!!!!!! Odds are, the illegal drugs she takes will harm her, and the immunization will not harm her child. I see her as rationalizing irresponsible fun.

I think marijuana helped kill my friend.
  5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are struggling with this so much. How long have you been smoking weed? If you would like to talk I am here for you and I have struggled with addictions in my life so I can understand what you are going through. :hug: :hug:

My MSN is
  6. gannon

gannon Member

Only sheer willpower will get you threw it. You got to want to quit.
  7. Atiri

Atiri Active Member

Remember that this addiction is psychological you can beat it.
  8. paranoia13

paranoia13 Member

Start eating it, healthier in the long run :wink:. Also you shouldn't feel the need to continue taking as much as you do if you do start eating it especially since it will last much longer.
  9. LoD

LoD Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the replies. I'm kind of in need of quitting, to be honest. Cause, well, quite frankly, to keep it short, my life has been on a fast way down since I've been 8.

Can somebody perhaps tell me of a way they used to stop smoking? The stopping all in 1 go won't work for me, I need a few tips and such, to make it easier on me. I really do need to stop.. No more lying to myself. I don't want to, but I need it. Please share the info you know on this, I'll be needing it.
  10. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

Well what I think might be helpfull is to prepare yoursef mentally, know that you are gonna quit and be sure your ok with that....then cut back slowly 1 and a half instead of 3 a day, try that for like a week then go down to just one a day...for a few days, then a half if you have to...then none at all...annd try to find something positive you can do in replace of it...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.