Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Stew3, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stew3

Stew3 Active Member

who else smokes it? does it help you? sorry i know there have proberly been lots of threads like this but im new and too lazy to search:biggrin:
    personaly depends I have had a couple of bad experiences but on the wholefind it makes me feel a lot better if only for a short while and forget all my problems completely the opposite to alcohol.
  2. Syd

Syd Guest

It's been years since I smoked. I had a lot of pleasant experiences, and some bad ones too. Generally, if I smoked alone or with good people and friends around me, it was very euphoric. I usually got high with my best friend, and we would get pretty silly and act like kids. Even playing on swings at the playground during the spring/ summer became hilarious while stoned.

On the other hand, the times I smoked around bad friends or around strangers were not as fun. I would usually get anxious and found it hard to relax and have a good time. I don't recommend smoking at raves or parties either, unless you have another substance to mellow out the paranoia that weed can bring on. (MDMA for example)

Some of my best highs were alone, as my mind was flooded with inspiration, and I could reflect on everything peacefully without being bothered by anyone else. The best highs can be achieved by being outside in nature, meditating, or spending time with close friends or significant others. It helps some people focus, which can be great for art, writing, or just introspection. This was the case with me, my handwriting and ability to draw improved immensely while I was high.
  3. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I probably smoke it too much but I'm psychologically addicted. :dry:
  4. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Well I suffer from an anxiety disorder (PTSD) and depression. I find that when I am high my mood lifts and my paranoia is basically non-existant.

That said, I wouldn't start making a real habit of it (I have too many habits already :rolleyes:). I only ever do it with friends I trust and enjoy spending time with, so I'm sure that makes a difference. If I was with different types of people I can see how my paranoia could increase rather than decrease.

Sorry if this isn't so coherent. Haven't been awake long... :unsure:
  5. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

I used to be the biggest stoner you would ever meet. But i had to quit a few months back because whenever i would smoke i would get these weird heart palpitations, even at low doses, I even had to go to the emergency room once after i smoked because my heart kept skipping beats.
    It really sucks because marijuana is the safest and most benign drug of them all. and now i have to rely more and more on that evil addictive substance alcohol.
  6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Not trying to play "devil's advocate" here but I"ve never found cannabis to be anything other than a safe anti-anxiety/anti-depressant drug with marvelous recreational possibilities. Not encouraging anything just saying that where the legal system and marijuana are concerned, there's "much ado about nothing"... imho...
  7. ~Nobody~

:thumbup: :smile:

8. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I've found I'm a lot more outgoing than I would like to be when I'm high, so if I do, I only do it with close friends who know a lot about me already..
  9. ~Nobody~

Yep. I know I'd only ever be happy doing it around friends that I know and trust.

HOT~DAWG~MAMA Active Member

Been a herb smoker for almost 15 years. And yes it helps me, feel good, feel relaxed, and keeps me on the positive. My hubby smokes too, and he used to do alot more hardcore drugs as well as I, but we both have stopped & only really just smoke cannabis now. I've also realized smoking herb together has let my husband and I stay close, we talk and learn about eachother every time we hang out & smoke a spliff. It's great! :biggrin:

btw, I've tried the new clear rolling papers, they're made from 100% cellulose and I must admit they are really great! They burn clean, and look like they sorta become part of the weed while it burns. It doesn't have any harshness or taste to it like papers either. And they're healthier for your lungs too, since they're cellulose which for those of you who don't know: The primary cell wall of green plants is made of cellulose.
    If u want to understand a little more what cellulose go here:

I must say I really do enjoy them, and if any of you smokers haven't tried so! You may just like them as much as I do. But whatever way you smoke your herb, just remember to lay back and enjoy the high. :hippy:
  11. p3cky

p3cky Account Closed

same here it puts me into a happy place away from the real world
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.