Cannabis

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

does anyone here take cannabis for anxiety? does it help? im thinking about getting some.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Weed increases my anxiety times 10 :unsure:

3. Petal

:sad: really? I thought it was supposed to reduce it? :blub:

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Depends on the person I guess. It always got my heart rate goin' and made me paranoid, but other people have said it balanced them, relaxed them, etc.
    :dunno: Could always give it a try once and see if it works for ya :hug:

5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

If you are paranoid by nature, steer clear.

6. Petal

thanks spencer and anastasia :hug:

7. Esmeralda

:hug: That being said, if you feel safe, then you could at least try it once, just do it slowly. A small amount might be o.k. and beneficial. People react differently. I think it's worth a try because the effects don't last long if you only "do" a small amount. But if you have a lot of paranoia or guilt, then the best advice I could give is to either NOT do it at all, or have a glass of wine or 2 to relax yourself initially. I have found that consuming liquor beforehand (not too much or trust me, you WILL puke) lowers my inhibitions enough to make it a very pleasant experience. Are you thinking of doing it alone or with someone else?

8. Petal

Thanks hun! That helped a lot :) I am planning on smoking it alone. Im only going to give it a try because my doctor wont prescribe me any benzos. I plan to take it tomorrow, so if ye see any strange posts from me, ye will know why :rofl: haha, thanks sweetie :hug:

9. Esmeralda

Please let me know how it goes, either through p.m. or in public. And if you want to know about the quality and the dosage and the mechanics...well, give a description and I can help with that too :) So ANY questions you have...

It can really be a panacea...shame it's not legal here.

I would recommend having some of your favorite movies/music/FOOD on tap, just so you have a better time of it. It's not like LSD or anything. You won't see pink dragons and then jump out of a 3rd-story window or anything :)

10. Petal

Thank you very much :) I will be sure to let you know how it goes :arms: I disappointed that I wont see pink dragons:sad: jk. :tongue:

11. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I know someone who's bipolar who used to smoke it to calm him down. It can work for some people. But it can also go completely the other way, like the other posters said.

12. Petal

13. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I have Bipolar II and weed just sends me totally paranoid and manic, it didn't in my teens and early 20's, but now it's a definate no-no.

14. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I have Bipolar II and weed just sends me totally paranoid and manic, it didn't in my teens and early 20's, but now it's a definate no-no which is a shame because i always enjoyed weed.

15. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Cannabis is great. People say a lot of shit about weed that isn't true. It's one of the safest drugs, even in comparison to legal meds. Its a very good feeling, If you have extra anxiety from it I have no idea why its very rare to feel that way on weed or any other bad feelings. It is a mind altering drug so if you have mental problems it might affect them. I guess for some people the feeling allows them to focus on their problems more so it may be unpleasent or some other reason but its not the weed itself. For me weed makes me calm, relaxed, relieves stress anxiety etc.

16. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

:agreed: :biggrin:

17. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Just relax and watch a good movie with some food. Its not a magical miracle cure, but it does help ease stress and anxiety, and also makes your thoughts alot clearer (its used by many cultures for meditation.) Although can I ask where you are buying it from? Is it from someone you can trust or is it a stranger who has offered it to you? The majority of cannabis will be fine, but there are some scumbags who will try and rip you off by putting chemicals and sand do increase the weight. It doesnt happen much but you should make sure you can trust the person you are buying from before you do. Dont do any sort of business with chavs is what I mean :laugh:.

Hmm, just realised that you posted quite a while ago, did it go ok?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  18. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

If you want to enjoy a smoke for the first time I'd avoid going for skunk.Too strong and can mess your head in the long term. Try and get a nice bit of hash and do it slowly.Enjoy.

19. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Just noticed the date of the post. Hope you had a good time.

20. Milly

Milly Well-Known Member

The experiance that cannabis gives you depends heavily on the genetics of the individual strain of it that youre using - wether it be a sativa, indica or a hybrid strain. the effect that each gives is completely different to the others, i.e., some are more ampy(chatty and "up") and cerebal than others which may give more of a sleepy effect.
    If youre going to try pot to relieve axiety then id recommend taking to someone that you know who smokes it and get them to find a suitable smoke for you!

Oh and keep a carton of fresh orange handy just incase it gets overwhelming and you need to "come back down a bit"