Cannot Connect

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Null, Sep 11, 2015.

?

Do you have trouble "connecting" to people?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What are you talking about?

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Just wondering if lots of other people have trouble "connecting" with others? I sort of feel like, every time I talk to someone (online/life) that something is wrong. I cant ever quite place the feeling. I guess it could be anxiety but I'm pretty familiar with that feeling. Its actually a depressing feeling. I find when I dont communicate or keep it very limited, I generally feel better about my life. Conversely, the more I put myself out there, the worse I generally feel. I'm guessing that has a lot to do with why I don't have friends.

I'm not asking for help. Just post your experience!!

(PS. For me, this is me putting myself out there)

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, and that's probably why I lose people. I am a mystery wrapped in a conundrum and whatever else. No one can figure me out and I can't figure myself out. I feel like whenever I try to explain my point of view, my feelings and thoughts, it is lost on others. Maybe I can't understand them either. So yeah I know it can be hard when you feel like you can't connect to anyone.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes, extremely hard. I don't have high expectations in mind, just friendship and I often feel I can't control rational thoughts about how a relationship whether it be with a to be friend or to be boyfriend should be. So yes I do. I find it hard to be a leader as opposed to a follower but I think that is related to my good childhood from believing everyone is good and kind, they are not.